1st Trimester
Options

Bloated

Hrc724Hrc724 member
edited May 2015 in 1st Trimester
I am 6w and 5d and I am SO bloated! I have major muffin top and my rings, which are normally loose, barely fit. The scale shows a gain of 5 pounds since this time last week and I've maintained my normal eating and workout schedule. My feet and ankles are also swollen by days end. Is this normal so early??? I know it's common in the third trimester, but the first? Bloating a fatigue are my two main side effects so I basically feel like a lazy whale. This sucks!

Re: Bloated

• Options
    Bloating is very common. Increase your water and fiber intake.
  • Options
    sweetpea236sweetpea236 member
    edited May 2015
    9 weeks pregnant and so bloated I look like a watermelon is in my stomach. You are not alone, this started at 6 weeks for me ... I had a flat lean stomach My abs were so stretched it would kind of hurt to laugh too hard
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you had looked around on these boards even the teensiest bit, you would have found a half dozen recent posts about bloating. It can be hard not to stress about every little symptom, but that is why there are thousands of posts from the past and tons from this past week for you to read, search and lurk on before posting.
  • Options
    Hrc724Hrc724 member
    I'm sorry, but I don't have time to spend reading through tons of threads and "lurking", I have a life. I'm sorry my post caused an inconvenience to you, but I appreciate the two ladies who answered in a helpful manner.
  • Options
    Tons of posts on this already . Just type "bloat" in the search box at the bottom of the thread page if you are on mobile. Hope that helps :)
  • Options
    Good Lord, no need to get angry. First trimester, according to books, blogs, posts, etc, is full of bloat. Bloat is often one of the first symptoms. Keep active, drink LOTS of water (water battles water in the bloat world), and learn the tricks to make your pants more comfortable (hair tie trick, be/belly band, whatever). For your legs and ankels, get compression socks (I wouldn't do sleeves since you need the compression in your feet, but do what you will). There are many designed for runners and such which will work beautifully for a pregnant chick. Wear them every day, even when you're just sitting. They'll help decrease the fluid that wants to sit there naturally due to the laws of gravity. Watch how much salt you eat, as salt causes water to want to stay in the body. Ensure you eat enough protein because having a healthy system can sometimes help draw water out of your tissues. Get your significant other to give you massages when you can to help move the fluid.

But as a general rule on any forum, as the top guidelines usually say, lurk a little bit before posting. We all have lives, thank you. And you make time for what you find important. What you're telling us who manage to know what is on the board is that your life is more important than ours, though you're asking us for feedback. 
    -Kimberly :) 
    My Ridiculous Chart                                                    
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hrc724 said:

I'm sorry, but I don't have time to spend reading through tons of threads and "lurking", I have a life. I'm sorry my post caused an inconvenience to you, but I appreciate the two ladies who answered in a helpful manner.

If you have no time to lurk and show respect for our time, then why should we take the time to help you? I didn't realize you were the Most Important Person In The World.

The reason you should not post something that others have posted on SEVERAL times this week alone is so that women who have serious questions or God forbid are suffering a miscarriage can get the support they need.