Baby Names

Every favorite name has a conflict

A friend and I were talking about our top 4 favorite girl names, and I realized that almost all of mine have a conflict that will probably prevent me from ever using them. My top 5 are
1. Anna (favorite since college, but dh doesn't like it)
2. Jane (my brother just used it as his daughters middle name and a friend who we associate with weekly named their baby Jane two months ago)
3. Emma (favorite since I was a kid, but too popular now)
4. Natalie (no problem, but my least favorite of the four)

Anyone else feel like all the names they really love are off the table?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Every favorite name has a conflict

• L- names and long names are off the table for us because of our last name.

Ones I love but can't use -

Lillian
    Lydia
    Eleanor
    Liam
    Henry (sister-in-law used it)

• I had been pretty set on Adeline since college, but now I fear the time stamp.

though we have an agreement that if we have a red-haired daughter I can name her Adeline. H thinks it would perfectly suit a ginger.
  • Loading the player...
  • I think we all have names we Iove that give us pause. For example, hubs and I started dating when we were in high school. Being smooshy teenage lovebirds we decided on Ava Grace if we ever had kids together. Now fast forward...umm...some years later...and that name is truly over done. I would never be able to use that name now. My taste in names has also changed, so I'm not too broken up about it.

OP, if you truly love any of those names, just use them. Anna is my fav of all your choices but if your man isn't on board...well, that's no bueno. Natalie Anna or Natalie Emma are super cute names. I'd even through in Emma Anne to the mix. Sure it's popular but if it's been your favorite for a long time, go for it

EDD for #1: 3/19/17
  • I loved the name Emmi LeeAnn, which I shared with my gf who got pregnant with a girl before me. She ends up naming her Emalynn.....I think she stole my name with out actually "stealing my name"
  • I'm weird in that I refuse to name my kid any name of someone we know (unless I'm outright naming them after that person). But I also don't like youneek names. A lot of names are off the table just because I happen to be FB friends with them, or their kids have that name. We have very few name choices. I know it's silly and it's my own hang up - why should I care if my kid shares a name with my college roommate's sister's kid? But I just do.
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • For me, I really only won't use names that are already in the family as the first name.  Beyond that, I would consider the name.  If I really loved it, I would use it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers