August 2015 Moms

What's your weekend plans?

Let's hear it ladies? We are all starting to get to the point where it's time to get all the adventurous stuff out of our system for a while, so what's your weekend plans?? Even if they are just sitting around being lazy!

Cody Lane - 4/22/2004
Colten James - 9/9/2005

Isabella Ann - 7/20/2012

SURPRISE!!!  Emma Leigh - due 8/27/2015 (c-section date 8/7/2015)

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: What's your weekend plans?

• I'll start...I'm venturing to Schlitterbahn Galveston with my 9 & 11yr olds for a surprise since our camping plans were ruined. I wasn't brave enough (or crazy enough) to bring the 2yr old. Lol

Cody Lane - 4/22/2004
    Colten James - 9/9/2005

Isabella Ann - 7/20/2012

SURPRISE!!!  Emma Leigh - due 8/27/2015 (c-section date 8/7/2015)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm finishing up my DDs new "big girl" room and trying to figure out how the heck I'm going to get her to sleep in a real bed instead of a crib! I'm also taking her to stride rite to get some good shoes for the summer. Fun! Lol and I might go see a movie all by myself tomorrow. Some much needed mama alone time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Miz_LizMiz_Liz member
    @cllgarrison have you introduced the concept to her yet about the "big girl bed"? I was sooooo worried DS would not transition well, but a few weeks leading up to it we started to psyche him up and made it sound like a treat - things like, "And guess what you can get if you do xyz???? A BIG BOY BED!!" and then he was most excited about a nightstand that he could put his water on. We also started taking him to furniture stores regularly to look at the beds. He was so excited by the time his arrived that we had no issues at all!!! FYI, if for some reason the regular side rails don't fit on your DD's new bed, check out the "Magic Bumpers" on Amazon - we had to get these because the others did not fit with the way the board was, they have been great!
  • I'm trying to get my lazy husband out of bed currently. Tomorrow is my cousins gradauation party. They are cooking fajitas (my pregnancy craving) and I am so excited!
  • @chavemann10 I am an hour from Galveston! I hope the rain holds off for y'all.
  • I'm hoping the clouds part and we can get a bit of sunshine today. If so, I plan on taking the girls to the farmer's market and then to the park. If not, we will spend today baking and reading.

• Miz_LizMiz_Liz member
    Off to the aquarium if DH ever gets in the shower!!!
  • EmEeGeeEmEeGee member
    Well as if yesterday's "peeing in the sand" debacle wasn't enough, I woke up today with a huge, red, swollen face because I apparently forgot to put sunscreen on my face. MY FACE?! For having dark hair and not the fairest skin, I've always been one to burn so I brought my spf 50 and chose to forget about my face I guess. Fail. So I'm currently icing it down while DH is out buying me aloe and a big floppy hat because I refuse to sit inside on our last beach day. I think we'll skip the ocean and walk around the little town here and check out the shops and marina.
  • @Miz_Liz yeah we have been trying to get her excited about it, but she is only 15 months so I'm not sure she understands? We are going to give it a go tonight and see what happens. I'm expecting some long nights ahead for a few days or weeks.
  • Miz_LizMiz_Liz member
    @Miz_Liz yeah we have been trying to get her excited about it, but she is only 15 months so I'm not sure she understands? We are going to give it a go tonight and see what happens. I'm expecting some long nights ahead for a few days or weeks.

Ahh, yeah, that is hard!! FX it goes great!
  • It's my DH's birthday weekend, so I've set him up with golf this morning with buddy's, a private scotch tasting, and then dinner out with friends. I love organizing and he hates it, so my gift every year is to surprise him with plans!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Came home to visit with my family for a graduation party last night. Today just a little yard sale shopping and cooking on the grill. We might stop by our local town festival on the way home this evening. Church tomorrow.
  • Gonna do some shopping with my mom. Upgrading her phone and finding myself a new swimsuits since dh worked all day yesterday to get our little pop up pool going. Then perhaps after my niece falls asleep tonight, I will float around for a bit.....
  • Working 12's all weekend
  • Kids have swim lessons and gymnastics Saturday and then Sunday is DS's 2nd bday. We don't have any local family so we will celebrate just the 4 of us.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Getting my hair done :) then cleaning and working on baby's room. Oh and taking care of my 3 year old
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Did dinner for SIL's bday last night. Went and shopped for the rest of baby's things this morning (work girls chipped in on a giftcard and gave it to me at my shower Thursday). Husband is demoing the kitchen currently while I watch nextflix, much of the same tomorrow, maybe laundry & organizing. I'm definitely in slow down/nesting mode
    Mom to one in heaven. Mom to one here on Earth.

BFP - 12/1
    First U/S - 12/11 Saw heartbeat
    Second U/S - 12/18 HR 120 BPM 
    Third U/S - 12/23/2014 HR 150 BPM

Due Date - 8/8/2015 
    Arrival Date - 8/3/2015 - Asher David 8 lbs 5 oz 21 1/2"

• Sitting at home watching Netflix because we're too broke to go anywhere. I'm bored to tears.
  • I was planning on taking my kids to the beach but my gallbladder decided to have other plans and I've been in the hospital being monitored since 9 pm Friday due to dehydration and pain.
  • dkizz82dkizz82 member
    I've had a virus so my plans are out the window. I managed to attend my mil's retirement dinner last night. Today I wanted to go to the pool, clean house, do laundry, and work on her nursery. Well all I've been able to do is lay on couch. I did wash a load of laundry just haven't quite gotten them into the dryer. :( church tomorrow if I feel better.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Today had DS's swim lesson and went to Babies R Us to try to find car seats that will fit 3 across in our car. No luck there.

Tomorrow I'm helping out in Sunday school and that's it, the family gathering we were attending was cancelled.
  • Finish painting the nursery and buy/assemble the crib. The guest bedroom bed is arriving tomorrow. We just become homeowners for the first time and can't believe all the things needed vs apartment living. This month we've been spending like drunken sailors (where normally I thrift and refinish or find a good deal.) 
    DS1 - 8-10-2015 LO2 - EDD 4-30-2017
    Pregnancy Ticker

• It's my husband's birthday tomorrow! So today we ran some errands and stuffed our faces at Chick Fil A and tomorrow we'll go to church, have lunch, go to dinner with his friends, and then we'll go play mini golf. Once all that is done, I'll take him to Baskin Robbins for his favorite: pralines and cream. It will be fun. Hopefully his slow pregnant wife can keep up ;)
  • Miz_LizMiz_Liz member
    @carleyec93 I give you credit signing on for mini golf - that is a lot of bending over to put down/pick up the ball! I hope DH is going to help out :)
  • @Miz_Liz Ohhh yes. He knows anything on the floor, at home or otherwise, is his job to pick up. ;)
  • DH assembled a double slide step2 play set for the yard right in time for it to rain while the littles screamed through the window at the toy they couldn't have yet. Tomorrow, grandma's coming for a visit so that I can finally clean out baby's room that looks like an episode of hoarders or work on some freezer meal prep for when baby comes. Sitting on my arse sounds so much better though... :((
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Disneyland today and tomorrow I have my 31 week ob checkup and then some baby shopping.
    Team Pink! Baby Girl due 8.2.15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Lazy! All weekend long! But next weekend (if dr approves) ROAD TRIP!!!!! Exciting! Especially since all I do is lie around (bp issues) go to work, and eat! :O)