Infertility
Options

May Transfers

Who is scheduled for a May transfer? 

I'm scheduled for my first transfer (frozen) on May 13th. I had my Trial Transfer yesterday and everything went smoothly! 

I just took my last birth control pill tonight and I will continue taking 10 units of Lupron daily (started Lupron on Sunday (April 12th). 

& I have an appointment on Wednesday for an ultrasound and blood work and will start estrogen patches.

I'm getting excited and anxious! How is everyone else feeling/preparing?
*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
"Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it" 
--Helen Keller 

4 miscarriages: Nov 2009,  Jan 2011, Sept 2011,  Oct 2012
IVF Round 1:
3/4/15: Egg Retrieval
16 Eggs Retrieved -- 15 Fertilized via ICSI -- 10 Blastocysts Biopsied for PGD & PGS -- 2 (male) Blastocysts Remain for Transfer
5/13/15: FET -- 5/26/15: BFN
CANCELLED IVF Round 2.

Living a happy, child-free life with my best friend.
*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

Re: May Transfers

• Options
    I am not but wanted to wish you good luck!
  • Options
    MonamdmsMonamdms member
    edited April 2015

I started 20 units of Lupron on April 13th. My baseline U/S will be on Wed - if all goes well I will be starting stims on Thursday! IVF#1 I stimmed for 11 days, so I am also looking at a transfer in May if all goes well.

Feeling nervous as this is our last go at fertility treatments of any kind (my DH has severe MFI, which was the cause of a failed round). Our RE did not even want us to do this round, but my DH is going under a micro-tese to see if we can find any healthy sperm. Cheers to a successful May to all of us!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you @westiemom22 !

@Monamdms So it looks like you will be doing a fresh transfer? I hope the stims are kind to you ;) and that your clinic is able to find healthy sperm from your husband. I'll second your CHEERS! :)
    "Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it" 
    --Helen Keller 

IVF Round 1:
    16 Eggs Retrieved -- 15 Fertilized via ICSI -- 10 Blastocysts Biopsied for PGD & PGS -- 2 (male) Blastocysts Remain for Transfer
    CANCELLED IVF Round 2.

• Options
    @hopeful16 yes it will be a fresh transfer. If no sperm found, we will freeze my eggs and go from there. Currently on day 6 of stims. I started out with 75iu of menopur and 300 follistim, and down to 2.5 units of lupron. I went up to 150iu of menopur yesterday, and have an ultrasound tomorrow. So far, so good. I have to say, I've been very, very lucky with having no side effects. It was the same the last round as well. Lupron gave me a slight constant headache..but that was it! Oh, my tummy is starting to feel "full" ;)

Looks like our transfers will be (if I get that far) about the same time! I'm sure you're getting anxious, as am I!

• Options
    Hi ladies. A little update. ER was on Wednesday May 6th. 26 eggs were retrieved, 24 were mature. DH micro-tese went well.....we got a call on Friday letting us know that all but 3 eggs, did not fertilize. The three that were fertilizing were not looking great, and my
    RE let me know they would normally transfer to see of they had better odds in the uterus, buuut, my uterus had developed fluid pockets, that they saw during retrieval. That is not an optimal environment for attachment, so our only option was to hope the 3 would make it to blast stage, then freeze, while we get my uterus back into shape. Today we found out one made it to blast, and will be frozen. I am not really feeling that optimistic that one will even survive thaw, let alone implant. Ugh.

• Options
    Monamdms I'm so happy you have one that will be frozen. I understand how frustrating it is to not have more, but you only need one, right?! Do you know the grade/quality of the one frozen embryo? Do you know when you will be able to have your FET?
    --Helen Keller 

IVF Round 1:
    CANCELLED IVF Round 2.

• Options
    ambdtbambdtb member
    I am going through the first IVF cycle now. ER should be late next week and my doctor is recommending transferring one embryo at blastocyst stage. Going for US and blood work tomorrow AM.

Married 4-27-13
    TTC for 1.5 yrs
    41 yrs old; DH is 37
    April 2014 MC at 9 wks 
    Jan 2015 Clomid, BFN 
    Feb 2015 Clomid, Ovidril, 1st IUI, BFN 
    Mar 2015 Clomid, Ovidril, 2nd IUI, BFN 
    May 2015 1st IVF, 19 follicles, 18 eggs retrieved on May 20, 13 fertilized, transferred 1 Blastocyst on May 25=BFP!; froze 2 Blastocysts
    Full term healthy baby boy born on 2-11-16
    Jan 29, 2018: FET 
    Feb 8. 2018: BFP! :)
    Mar 6: weak heartbeat. :(
  • Options
    ambdtbambdtb member
    @hopeful16 what is a trial transfer? Good luck!!
    @monamdms, stay optimistic... Positive vibes!!

Married 4-27-13
    TTC for 1.5 yrs
    41 yrs old; DH is 37
    April 2014 MC at 9 wks 
    Jan 2015 Clomid, BFN 
    May 2015 1st IVF, 19 follicles, 18 eggs retrieved on May 20, 13 fertilized, transferred 1 Blastocyst on May 25=BFP!; froze 2 Blastocysts
  • Options
    ambdtb A trial transfer is a practice run before the embryo transfer. My doctor likes to do this, because then there are no surprises the day of the embryo transfer. :)
    --Helen Keller 

IVF Round 1:
    CANCELLED IVF Round 2.

• Options
    ambdtbambdtb member
    Better to be prepared for what to expect! I'm envisioning it to be like an IUI, but I really have no idea.
    Married 4-27-13
    TTC for 1.5 yrs
    41 yrs old; DH is 37
    April 2014 MC at 9 wks 
    Jan 2015 Clomid, BFN 
  • Options
    Hi Ladies.  I'm new here, I did my IVF cycle in April with a fresh transfer that was BFN.  Will do a FET sometime in June, waiting for everything in my body to go back to normal after all the stim meds.  Good luck to everyone going through this process!
  • Options
    FatPonyFatPony member
    Good luck ladies
  • Options
    My FET is in 2 hours.... Very nervous. Very excited!
    --Helen Keller 

IVF Round 1:
    CANCELLED IVF Round 2.

• Options
    good luck!
  • Options
    jenishungry!

Now we must wait the dreaded 2WW....
    --Helen Keller 

IVF Round 1:
    CANCELLED IVF Round 2.

• Options
    FatPonyFatPony member
    Good luck, hopeful. Sending baby dust
  • Options
    Thank you @fatpony  :)
    --Helen Keller 

IVF Round 1:
    CANCELLED IVF Round 2.

• Options
    ambdtbambdtb member
    How are you hanging in there post transfer?

My egg retrieval is scheduled for Wednesday... My transfer will be on Memorial Day... My doctor is waiting till blastocyst stage. Have any of you waited for blastocyst?

I'm excited to have my final injection tonight but now I'm getting nervous as so many things need to fall into place next ! Yikes!
    Married 4-27-13
    TTC for 1.5 yrs
    41 yrs old; DH is 37
    April 2014 MC at 9 wks 
    Jan 2015 Clomid, BFN 
  • Options
    ambdtbambdtb member
    I just reread and see that you guys did wait for the blastocyst stage...
    Married 4-27-13
    TTC for 1.5 yrs
    41 yrs old; DH is 37
    April 2014 MC at 9 wks 
    Jan 2015 Clomid, BFN 
  • Options
    All in all, I'm feeling great. But, this 2WW is KILLING me!! I POAS 4, 5, & 6dpt.... WAY too early, I know, but for some reason I just couldn't help myself. I have my beta test on Tuesday the 26th.

Good luck with your retrieval tomorrow @ambdtb !
    --Helen Keller 

IVF Round 1:
    CANCELLED IVF Round 2.

• Options
    Good Luck @hopeful16 I hope you get that BFP!!!
    Me - 32 
    Husband - 32
    TTC #1 - since 10/16/2012 
    IVF#1 6/2015 BFN 
    FET 7/2015 - BFP

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ambdtbambdtb member
    @hopeful16 your day is getting closer!

I had my retrieval today, I had 19 follicles and they got 18 eggs! Tomorrow we find out how many fertilized. I feel positive a out everything!
    Married 4-27-13
    TTC for 1.5 yrs
    41 yrs old; DH is 37
    April 2014 MC at 9 wks 
    Jan 2015 Clomid, BFN 
  • Options
    That's great news, @ambdtb ! Keep us posted :)
    --Helen Keller 

IVF Round 1:
    CANCELLED IVF Round 2.

• Options
    retasretas member
    Hi everyone, i'm new to this thread and site. My DH and I have been TTC for a year when we were sent to a clinic, there we were told we were dealing with a severe MFI and ICSI would be our only option. We just finished out first round of IVF which included injections of Superfact, Gonal F and Microdose, finishing with a trigger shot of Ovidril. The Doctor had me stim for 14 days and then on May 15th we had our ER, 11 retrieved, 9 mature, 5 fertilized. On day 3 the 5 eggs were still progressing so they transferred two and froze three. Now I'm at day 7dpt and the wait is killing me! I read that yesterday the implantation process should have completed and today the HCG hormone should be entering my bloodstream, i personally feel no different which makes me very nervous but i'm trying to pray and mediate my worries away. Just wanted to say a shout out and let you know that I'm thinking of all of you! My bloodwork is scheduled for June 1st. Fingers crossed its a BFP!
  • Options
    retasretas member
    @hopeful16 -good luck today!

• Options
    @retas we are basically on the same time frame. I had my retrieval on the 18th, 13 retrieved 10 mature, 4 fertilized. We did a 3 day transfer of 3 embryos on the 21st the 4th didn't make it to freeze and my first beta is also on June 1st. The waiting is the worst part!!! Good luck!
    Me: 40  
    TTC #1: 3 years
    Me: Type II Diabetic
    Started with RE 11/2014
    Going through IUI with Donor Sperm

• Options
    retasretas member
    @Cupcakegal930 It's always comforting knowing you're not alone! Good luck to you as well!
  • Options
    Unfortunately, we got a BFN today. We meet with our RE June 3rd for a follow up and we plan on doing another round as soon as possible.
    --Helen Keller 

IVF Round 1:
    CANCELLED IVF Round 2.

• Options
    retasretas member
    Sorry to hear that :( thinking of you.
  • Options
    ambdtbambdtb member
    So sorry.... Hang in there.
    Married 4-27-13
    TTC for 1.5 yrs
    41 yrs old; DH is 37
    April 2014 MC at 9 wks 
    Jan 2015 Clomid, BFN 
  • Options
    So sorry to hear that.
    Me: 40  
    TTC #1: 3 years
    Me: Type II Diabetic
    Started with RE 11/2014
    Going through IUI with Donor Sperm

• Options