January 2016 Moms

Upper abdominal pain:(

Anyone else have this pain in upper abdomen just below sternum? Feels really sore. My ob put me on Prevacid. I've been burping/rifting a ton so maybe it's gas/straining muscles? Also have gagged a lot. I'm so uncomfortable! Worried about if I have an ulcer and if it's bleeding. I'm a worry wart:(

Re: Upper abdominal pain:(

• Woke up with the pain then threw up a ton of stomach acid. Think that's what was bothering me?
  • I had something similar happen when I first found out I was pregnant. I threw up tons of stomach acid and have since been taking tums anytime I have an inkling of heartburn. It seems to be helping so far. I also have a previous problem with heartburn, so it's nothing unusual for me. If it gets really bad, I take Zantac, which is safe during pregnancy. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had that too, heartburn and bloat. I never threw up and mine started to relax around 6 weeks.
  • aelockeaelocke member
    Get some liquid Gaviscon. It has worked wonders for me
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Both of my pregnancies, before I found out, I had a HUGE gas bubble in my upper tract. I swore I had an ulcer (same feeling in the sternum). A few days later it moved down and I realized what it was  :\"> Definitely stick to the anti-gas meds!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  Lilypie Pregnancy tickers