Parenting after 35

Getting cycle back on track

I had a question for those of you that had a c-sec and/or FTMs, when did bleeding stop after LOs birth? I bled for almost 7 weeks, then stopped, then I think had my 1st period back at just over 8 weeks (pretty bad one too, bad cramps, etc.) and then it stopped, but then I started again a week later, with almost as bad symptoms. I called OB and they said prob. ovulatory bleeding, especially if light, but its became like another period again. Then it stopped again. Then yesterday in the store, it started again!! Today I'm in pain and so drained/fatigued! Couldn't call OB over holiday weekend, so just wondering if this is normal and cycles getting back on track, etc.? Just seems like a lot of blood! Please let me know your thoughts! I was never really regular before, but not like this. I'm a FTM. Thanks for any insight!
----
ME: 40, DH: 44, stopped BCPS 1/2013, TTC #1 2/2013, AMH 0.4, started acupuncture: 7/2013,
BFP: 10/07/2013; MC 10/15/2013 @ 7 wks (natural), focused on health issues for 7 months.
TTC again: 6/2014, 2nd round Letrozole, BFP 7/7/2014!!! --- EDD 3/18/2015!!! DS born 3/13/2015

Re: Getting cycle back on track

• mandyreadsmandyreads member
    edited May 2015
    That does seem like a lot. I didn't bleed long after DD4 this last time. But I did go a few weeks with the others. Please watch it and get looked at if it keeps up.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • I don't remember too well but I think I bled for about 4 weeks, not too heavily. I haven't had a first period yet because of BF. Hope you feel better soon
  • Loading the player...
  • I bled for 5 weeks but saw the doctor at 4 because it seemed like the bleeding wasn't getting any better. It's a good thing I did because I had retained placenta in my uterus which had to be removed. After that the bleeding went away and I didn't bleed again until I stopped breast feeding. If your gut is telling you something is off you should call your OBGYN. Hope everything is ok!
  • xuxachixuxachi member
    It's been a few days since you posted, so not sure if you're still wondering about this. I bled for about 4 weeks this time. The first periods after my other babies were awful - super super heavy and crampy, etc. and not regular at all. I breastfed though so didn't happen for 6 months of so and didn't stop and start. If you weren't regular before then this could be normal for you.
    DS born 10/25/11 **  DD born 6/24/13 **  DS born 4/20/15
  • NeonNoonNeonNoon member
    edited May 2015
    Edit: Posted on wrong thread
  • Went to OB yesterday, even tho I stopped bleeding finally (I hope), they still wanted to check it out. Everything seems okay, but they did blood work just to see if there's something going on. I still feel extremely drained (no energy)/fatigued, even if I get 4+ hrs of sleep, like I had none. And some irritable/upset stomach and just generally crappy feeling. Will see what blood work results say... thanks everyone for feedback!
    ----
    ME: 40, DH: 44, stopped BCPS 1/2013, TTC #1 2/2013, AMH 0.4, started acupuncture: 7/2013,
    BFP: 10/07/2013; MC 10/15/2013 @ 7 wks (natural), focused on health issues for 7 months.
    TTC again: 6/2014, 2nd round Letrozole, BFP 7/7/2014!!! --- EDD 3/18/2015!!! DS born 3/13/2015
  • xuxachixuxachi member
    Well, 4 hours of sleep isn't enough and you have a lot going on - hope it's just stress and lack of sleep and not something else.
    DS born 10/25/11 **  DD born 6/24/13 **  DS born 4/20/15