June 2015 Moms

Crazy Nesting Activities

I think my nesting has begun. I just literally did all of my laundry. Even all the items that are hand wash only. I also rewashed every piece of underwear by literally emptying the whole drawer in the washer...

What nesting activities have people done so far? Any crazy moments of nesting to share?

Re: Crazy Nesting Activities

• Cleaned and organized my shop, I have custom embroidery, signs, and screen printing business so I have to organize everything so it can be ready when I am ready...took me three hours then cleaned my house! My good lord!
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't had too many lately but now that school is out my head is thinking of all the drawers and cupboards that need organizing.

My husband is on a crazy streak trying to get the backyard garden self- sustaining, and keeps pressure washing the same areas. He's gone mad.
  • KreslaKresla member
    elizab14 said:

I haven't had too many lately but now that school is out my head is thinking of all the drawers and cupboards that need organizing.

My husband is on a crazy streak trying to get the backyard garden self- sustaining, and keeps pressure washing the same areas. He's gone mad.

They say dads can nest too. My DH has been nesting but his nesting activities are not what I need him to do. Then we fight and he helps me because I'm the pregnant one and goes back to his nesting stuff.
  • I've washed all the dishes in my cabinets. I was up at 3 this morning washing dishes. My hands are dry as a dessert, but at least they're all clean!
  • We live in an apartment building on the second floor and I'm going to clean the stairways and doors of the building.... The front door is all dirty from people kicking it open and the hallway and stairs seriously need a vacuuming! I did the stair rails and door handles yesterday. I know it's not my job to do but it just makes me sad every time I come in or out of the apartment and it looks dirty.
  • Sammy KSammy K member
    @MrsWilson830 I'm jealous you can still scrub your tub! We have extra deep soaking tubs and my belly prevents me from reaching.

I have the weekend alone and I'm cleaning the house top to bottom. Windows, baseboards, rugs, everything. I've also washed all the baby stuff, put together the last of our IKEA stuff, washed throw pillow covers, and all of the laundry in the house. Next on my list is to hang decorations in the nursery, shelves in DS's room and get my vanity organized and hospital bag packed. If I have time, I'd like to do windows outside. I'm also working out with my trainer. I should be tired tonight!
  • Cleaned all my carpets of every stain and to get pet fuzz out.... Organized all baby stuff to fit perfectly where it was convenient since I'll be having a scheduled c-section. Cleaned all the dust in the house scrubbed cabinets and walls of any dirt. I get in a whim, clean for a few hours till I burn myself out then take a long break.
  • mlindzzmlindzz member
    My husband probably wishes I was mad cleaning, but instead he's laughing because he can't keep me in the house.

It's probably b/c we just cleaned/unpacked while moving, and I'm having to adjust to no longer working... but I'm running around each day finding something I think I need from the grocery store, the bank, a friends place, the mall, etc.

Certainly feeling stir crazy, with solid hard napping and snacking in between my impulsive bouts of energy. Lol
  • What haven't I done??? I've purged the kitchen of unused tools, went through all of my clothes, washed everything in the house, dusted and scrubbed baseboards, made freezer meals, scrubbed the bathroom floor in my underwear after seeing dust when I got out of the shower, and bathed/groomed our Husky. Hubby has been subjected to all of the lawn mowing, pressure washing, vacuuming, etc. Nesting has been the best thing to happen to our house in two years!
  • I wish I had a cleaning nesting bug but my nesting habit has been baking! All I ever want to do is bake things-in the past week I've made a pan of brownies, a pan of lemon bars, two loaves of banana bread, and a fresh blueberry pie! This is all while working full time, running after a 3.5 year old, packing because we are moving and trying to keep our current place in some semblance of order. After all of my baking I'm normally too tired to make dinner though so there's been some nights it's just been cereal for dinner haha
  • @Kresla for real! If only he would do anything I actually need him to do. Sigh. He keeps saying as soon as he is done outside he will help me with some stuff but then he comes up with some new project that HAS to be done. I secretly just want to hang out with him.
  • I like to clean, but I haven't noticed any really strong, out-of-the-ordinary urges like what some of you are experiencing. I did finish all of the schoolwork that I absolutely NEEDED to get done before LO's arrival, so I feel ready on that front. But cleaning-wise, everything's just normal! I'm interested to see if I will get any true nesting urges; I hardly had any food cravings and I feel like those are similar symptoms so maybe not!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The other day I had a serious urge to wash every window in the house! And I've gone through and organized every closet a couple times in the last few months. I'm having issues now though because I'm having the urge to nest and clean but can't physically do it! Anyone else having this problem?
  • The other day I had a serious urge to wash every window in the house! And I've gone through and organized every closet a couple times in the last few months. I'm having issues now though because I'm having the urge to nest and clean but can't physically do it! Anyone else having this problem?

Yes!!!! It's so frustrating. I want to clean our master bathroom and the outside of our windows (they're disgusting), but this week, my body just can't keep up.

It makes me so anxious.

I started detail and deep cleaning the baseboards in our house, but had to stop because the crouching made it difficult to stand up two nights ago.

I thought the bending over thing during pregnancy was overkill by overprotective people, but it's really not!
  • I just made strawberry lemonade and oatmeal raisin cookies for tomorrow. Might not last :)
  • I've been having super strong nesting urges but I don't trust myself with cleaners :( I even caved and bought a bottle of Pine Sol with plans to deep clean the kitchen but every time I look at the bottle I know I can't open it or I'll never stop sniffing it. So sad!
  • I literally just washed all our curtains, color coordinated the books on the bookshelves, reorganized all closets in the house, and majorly scrubbed out my car from top to bottom .... I'm running out of things to clean!
  • Haha @klkonwi and I grilled you about your techniques.
  • elizab14 said:

@Kresla for real! If only he would do anything I actually need him to do. Sigh. He keeps saying as soon as he is done outside he will help me with some stuff but then he comes up with some new project that HAS to be done. I secretly just want to hang out with him.

Minehas been planning to make and hang shelves in his man cave since I was 20 weeks. I'm 36 +1 today. He constantly has something to do in there or the basement. A couple weeks ago he bought a new tool box and had to organize his tools. I can't make him understand that there are certain things that must be done in the living area of our house. Thank God my mom and sister came up last weekend and helped me and sort of made him understand so he helped a little. He's constantly telling me not to do certain things, but who else is going to?
  • I started cleaning and organizing months ago. We were doing home improvements do stuff had to be done. It was hard though because my DH has not let me lift anything since September so that part of trying to get stuff done is frustrating. I have actually stopped doing stuff recently since being so sore down there. My DH does business with a cleaning service and he schedule a deep cleaning of the house for Tuesday which is our due date so our house will be amazingly clean to bring LO home to. At first I did not want to spend the money for it, and said I would do it when I stopped work, but being so sore lately I am beyond grateful he talked me into it.
  • I'm thinking of a list for my Mom to do when she visits this week ;) just kidding!

I'm a pretty clean/OCD person to begin with, so I haven't had huge urges. Just things like clean the vent intakes, wash curtains that somehow have Cheetos finger prints on them!
  • The only thing I didn't finish this weekend was baseboards and I'm hoping to do those before those boys come home Wednesday. But I did get a few other random things done, like hanging shelves, putting a new seat on the toilet, and getting the nursery finished. Except the for the crib, I'm still waiting on DH to make a twin bed for DS so I can move the crib. He hasn't started, so I might buy a bed from IKEA and take care of it myself. I have no patience to wait for him.
  • I went through my sock, underwear drawer today. Did a few loads of laundry but could the house use a giant deep clean oh yea is that gonna happen oh no. Lol. Tomorrow I'm planning on washing all the towels and sheets maybe vacuuming. But truthfully it might just be a day for candy crush...
  • I've been nesting but I'm thinking I am creating more messes than I'm actually resolving at this point... I start something and then get tired/annoyed/bored/need help with it so I move on to something else... I have projects in our kitchen, LO's room, our bedroom, porch/mud room, living room, laundry room and the dining room... *sigh* it looks like a tornado hit and threw everything all over the place. Hopefully I have enough time to resolve most of them before he gets here...

• I've pretty much given up, Everytime I clean something my 3 year old goes through and makes 2 x more of a mess. So keeping up with him is just my main goal. Not doing anything crazy anymore.