High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Bed Rest @ 26 wks, Expecting Twin Boys

I'm 26 weeks and 3 days pregnant with twin boys. I was put on severe bed rest yesterday. My cervix is a mere 1.2 cm, she would've liked to see 3. I'm allowed to get up to see the bathroom and that is all.
I'm extremely worried I'll go into pre-term labor. They did give me a shot of steroids and I have to go back today to get another, I also take another medication every night to help with relaxing the cervix.

Am I allowed to sit up in bed? If I do need to stand, what's the max time I should be up for?

Re: Bed Rest @ 26 wks, Expecting Twin Boys

• Options
    I was on strict bedrest with my twin boys because of a shortening/nonexistent cervix, but that was 10 years ago. I was not allowed to sit at all, I had to lie on my left hand side 24/7, even to eat. It was brutal! My MFM for this pregnancy says they no longer believe in bedrest for a shortening cervix because there is no evidence that it helps, so even if it happens again I won't be going on bedrest.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    PlainJane8350PlainJane8350 member
    edited May 2015
    First, ask your doctor. I'm allowed to sit, but never straight up. Only at a 45 degree angle. I'm not allowed to be up for more than 15-20 minutes. I would call your doctor and see what they advise, but if you don't think they're being conservative enough, then give yourself stricter rules. Better safe than sorry...but it will be tough sometimes! Here's my email if you ever have questions or are just plain bored, I'm constantly trying to find new ways to entertain myself!

PlainJane19792001@gmail.com