June 2015 Moms

Fur Baby Friday 5/29

Let us see your squishies! For some of them it may be the last Fur Baby Friday where they are solo stars of the show, so don't deny them the spotlight, yo!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Fur Baby Friday 5/29

• Loading the player...
  • Elruby your kitty is beautiful! Im missing my furry babies. It's nice to come here and see pics of eveyones beautiful babies to get my cuteness fix.
  • ElRubyElRuby member

Elruby your kitty is beautiful! Im missing my furry babies. It's nice to come here and see pics of eveyones beautiful babies to get my cuteness fix.

Thanks!
  • @kzeas01 that is one big sexy puppy! 
    BabyFruit Ticker image
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • KaLikeAWindKaLikeAWind member
    edited May 2015
    devyns2nd said:

DH and the kids found the kitties and suprised me when they picked me up from the hospital :D this little girl is my snuggle kitty!

Oh, YAAAAAAYYYYY! I had also been wondering but didn't want to ask and possibly bring up bad feelings.

So squishy!!!!
    :x

ETA - ps, I'm also still pissed at MIL.
  • @Westypet I'm sorry to hear she is having tummy issues still! Sometimes it can take a while (standard stock answer is 4-8 weeks, tho some pets respond sooner than that) for a diet change to become effective. That's why diet change is frustrating for most owners, it can take a while for the effects to be seen. Or, she may still be reactive to *this* RX food, and would work better on another, but we can't know that until we have given this one an adequate amount of time to try and work. Is she still taking her oral meds? And I'm assuming you would have mentioned it if her vet said anything about abnormal lab results, so that's good.
  • @Westypet so those are going to help her constipation but is she on anything for nausea? Or for stomach acid or anything? And yes, sometimes the foods work almost right away, but the food manufacturer usually says to give it a minimum of 4 weeks before you decide its not working. If she continues to vomit then I would ask about something she can take at home for her vomiting. Old Man cat has a very acidic stomach and its amazing the difference a daily dose of pepcid makes for him (when he doesn't get it for a few days, think exorcist vomit). Either that or he has sympathy acid reflux. ;)
  • Vet suggested that it could be anxiety from having visited the office today.

No meds long term-- just the one injection from today.

Her appetite is VERY healthy-- she cries all the time for food. Maybe she does have an acidy tummy and she thinks she's hungry all the time. I wish I knew!!
  • If she hasn't vomited recently and only did today after her visit it very well could have been anxiety. Poor girl. Well I hope she continues to have a strong appetite and be barf free with good poops. Give her a snuggle from me. ❤
    (P.s. - with my old man cat I can actually hear his tummy rumble and make noise when he's been off his meds a few days. It just sounds like unhappy tummy. Its one of my cues that I should do his meds soon or I may end up with projectile puke tomorrow or the next day)
  • @westypet just wanted to say my fur baby has kitty IBD so I feel your pain. She hates the antibiotics and doesn't love her RX food but it keeps her happy until we have scary bloody vomit flare ups.bits 3 bucks a can but I recently found a brand for 1.19 with the exact same ingredients minus one! So stoked about that. She'll have an ultra sound in two weeks to check its nothing else. But the antacid she's on now sees to help. Ironically it's kitty Pepcid AC DH howled until he cried when he realized that the cat and I are now on a regular regimen of the same medicine. Best of luck to you and your fluff ball!
    BabyFruit Ticker image
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @westypet just wanted to say my fur baby has kitty IBD so I feel your pain. She hates the antibiotics and doesn't love her RX food but it keeps her happy until we have scary bloody vomit flare ups.bits 3 bucks a can but I recently found a brand for 1.19 with the exact same ingredients minus one! So stoked about that. She'll have an ultra sound in two weeks to check its nothing else. But the antacid she's on now sees to help. Ironically it's kitty Pepcid AC DH howled until he cried when he realized that the cat and I are now on a regular regimen of the same medicine. Best of luck to you and your fluff ball!

I really think that's the direction we're heading...

Long term Pepcid and Miralax for my baby, and easy to digest food. I feel like a Veterinary Dr. House here!

She's curled up with us and seems pretty happy now. I try not to freak out when she is sick, especially when she still acts like herself.
  • No pic from yesterday but I did spent the day with the fur kid. He needed to update one of his shots by June 10th and his nails needed a nice trim before he scratches his baby sister when she gets here. Today I think I'm going to take him to park for a picnic. I've been slowly turning on all of Los things so that he gets use to all the weird sounds per the usual my dog totally doesn't care. Lol. He is most chilled laid back dog ever, the only thing we really worry about is that he will think the new baby is a puppy and put his paw on her. Anyone else have like one main worry about their pet with their new human?
  • @raheeb I LOVE that pack n play! I almost got the same one, but ended up with a green one instead because it was cheaper.

@queequeg09256 I do have a concern a little about Samurai. He's a sweet boy but he was a stray before he came to live us, and he's seen some sh*t, that's for sure. Whatever he's been thru has left his wires a little bit crossed, he can sometimes get overstimulated and get nippy. You can be petting him and he's digging it and then he'll just open his mouth and try to grab your hand and hold it with his teeth or gnaw on it for a bit before he transitions to licking you.

I'm not TOO worried about it, tho, because even when he is all fired up, he never nips hard enough to break skin - he seems to know how to be gentle and how hard is TOO hard - and I just have a feeling that he will be understanding this behavior will not fly with LO. I WILL be on the lookout for how he does with those waving arms and legs and whatnot, but I think it will be OK.