2nd Trimester

Severe mood swings, anger and lashing out.

My mood swings are out of control and I feel so angry that I'm eating everything I see today. I feel like lashing out at everyone I see. I feel like anything could set me off or make me cry at the drop of a hat. I'm alone all day from 2pm till 12:30am.... sometimes later. I feel like if I try to vent to anyone they're just going to say....."you're pregnant," and excuse it at that. Some huge drama went on today that wasn't my fault yet I'm taking the blame because no one's willing to talk about it. My husband is the most loving and supportive person in my life, he's my best friend. Today isn't the first time I've felt this way and it's so hurtful that I feel desperate. Has anyone else felt like this? I literally feel like in living hell.

Re: Severe mood swings, anger and lashing out.

• I haven't felt like this, but it sounds like this is something you've experienced before. If that's the case is it often linked to an emotional upset (it sounds like this is linked to the earlier conflict) or does it normally come on randomly with no particular cause?

Who is it that you want to talk to about this that isn't talking? Will you get the chance to talk when things calm down?

Have you tried talking to your Dr. about these feelings? It could be hormonal, it could be part of a larger imbalance in your body, it could be about coping strategies when you feel like this?

Either way I would consider talking it through with my doctor and seeing what they have to say.

Best wishes to you, and in the meantime feel free to vent and talk here!

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• I had a crazy freakout in front of a post office!!!!! Like, screamed at my husband and was being so nasty, people were looking at me and I screamed f em let them see!!!
    (very, very, very out of character)

At first my hubby was super mad at me and was very confused but after a bit more of my insane hysterics and crying he just looked at me with this...this clarity and said Jesus you don't know up from down right now!!! And opened up for a hug and I just snuggled in and bawled and started LAUGHING HYSTERICALLY because I looked such a downright mess and people were literally still watching.

I was so embarrassed and angry and then genuinely finding it funny...

....moral of the story pregnancy is an interesting phenomenon.
  • Loading the player...
  • I called in sick the other day because I was so cranky I couldn't bring myself to work. And I usually like my job. Instead I went and got a massage, went out to eat ravioli and then home to watch tv. It was divine.
  • Peach&Dan said:

My mood swings are out of control and I feel so angry that I'm eating everything I see today. I feel like lashing out at everyone I see. I feel like anything could set me off or make me cry at the drop of a hat. I'm alone all day from 2pm till 12:30am.... sometimes later. I feel like if I try to vent to anyone they're just going to say....."you're pregnant," and excuse it at that. Some huge drama went on today that wasn't my fault yet I'm taking the blame because no one's willing to talk about it. My husband is the most loving and supportive person in my life, he's my best friend. Today isn't the first time I've felt this way and it's so hurtful that I feel desperate. Has anyone else felt like this? I literally feel like in living hell.

Please talk to your provider. They can refer you to a therapist. That sounds severe & ominous-- but hear me out: talk therapy gives you a place to let off steam. It gives you a safe place to freak out & rant. Venting the extreme emotions is good, but in a controlled setting where you have support.

Do you journal? It is really beneficial. Even if it's a private blog no one else will ever see. You can go bat-shit-crazy & let it all out without hurting anyone personally or professionally.

It's rough when you've got the beast inside & feel on edge. Maybe talk to your OB about ante-natal anxiety/depression management.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers