June 2015 Moms

FFFQ! Fresh Flame Free Questions! 5/29! Ask about ANYTHING HERE! NO SHADE! NO MEANIES!

2»

Re: FFFQ! Fresh Flame Free Questions! 5/29! Ask about ANYTHING HERE! NO SHADE! NO MEANIES!

• addingonaddingon member
    edited May 2015
    This is a dumb question in that it shouldn't matter that much, but I was wondering if most doctors/hospitals allow you to wear your contacts during delivery or would they make you wear glasses? I'll ask my doctor on Tues but I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with this.

I feel like my glasses would really annoy me during labor! :-B

Edited: Can't spell
  • Loading the player...
  • swaugh14 said:

This is a dumb question in that it shouldn't matter that much, but I was wondering if most doctors/hospitals allow you to wear your contacts during delivery or would they make you wear glasses? I'll ask my doctor on Tues but I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with this.

I feel like my glasses would really annoy me during labor! :-B

Edited: Can't spell

Ah this would be awful!! I hate wearing my glasses.

• Sources seem to agree that footling or kneeling breech is an indicator for a c-section, but with the other breech presentations it seems to be mostly about A) providers protecting themselves from litigation and B) lack of skill because of A.

• @ElRuby I asked my doc if it was ok to swim dilated and she gave me the thumbs up. My parents have a in ground salt water pool and I can't wait to float out there.
  • When would be a good time to get my hair touched up before baby comes? Lots of gray and roots happening right now!
    I'm 37w4d. Not sure what everyone else is doing with their hair. Half of me doesn't even care, but I know it will make me feel better.
  • @Westypet I'm waiting. It's been 40 weeks so a few more won't hurt. That will be my pampering time after LO comes
  • Westypet said:

When would be a good time to get my hair touched up before baby comes? Lots of gray and roots happening right now!
    I'm 37w4d. Not sure what everyone else is doing with their hair. Half of me doesn't even care, but I know it will make me feel better.

I admit I did mine last week. I felt a little silly about it, but I thought it would be better for pictures - especially since there always seems to be one of the top of mom's head with the baby sleeping on her chest! I'm not going to actually DO my hair or put makeup on, but dying my hair in advance, I can do that.
  • @westypet I'm getting mine highlighted June 10. Induction prob June 21st.....
  • I would have gotten mine done. The guy that does mine is a good friends father. I saw him at her house once a while ago and he recommended I wait till after, which I did find unusual because everything I read said I could. I mentioned this to my DH who takes everything to extremes and he has been pushing me to wait. He is the one who says that I waited so long I can go longer. I guess I'll be wearing baseball caps after LO is born
  • How did I miss this thread?!

@Nruiz29 I gained most of my weight in the weeks you describe. I actually lost a couple pounds in weeks 36-38, which was weird because I still ate massive amounts. But I started sweating a lot. At my 39 week appointment I'd put back on another couple pounds.
    My doctor won't discuss weight with me outside of healthy/ not healthy, so I did lots of googling and thread reading. My understanding is it is common for weight gain to slow like this, and even to lose some weight now, but there is no "normal" and we are all different.

Question:
    a) we don't have a freezer, b) we are moving countries (read: electrical currents change and fry electronics) several times in the next year. I am planning to BF but have zero idea what to do about a pump. Am going to try not using one at first. Is that idiotic? Should I just get a hand pump? I don't think I can save milk in the fridge, so I guess this would just be boob relief. I will ask the BF'ing board, but any tips from my known ladies here?
  • klkonwiklkonwi member
    edited June 2015
    @amark11
    You can absolutely exclusively breastfeed and not use a pump. If baby isn't emptying you fully is where you would run into trouble. You can store breast milk in the fridge for 5 days if you do run into that problem.
    Hand pumping sucks for ppl but it would be better than no pump in an engorgement situation.