August 2015 Moms
Options

How would you describe it??

So last night we were sitting on the couch when our little guy started kicking and going bananas. After a few minutes of DH feeling him going ape shit he asked me what it felt like. I tried very hard to compare it to something that would make sense to him. I said it felt like shoving a dum dum pop into the inside of your cheek and rolling it around with a decent amount of force. Except sometimes you get kicked in the bladder. LOL I don't know how else to compare it. Anyone have a better description?! 

Re: How would you describe it??

• Options
    For me it feels kinda like a muscle twitch. Like when my thigh is being weird.
    Or just really high gas bubbles.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    Yeah, I agree. To me it feels like a muscle twitch.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mrsb30mrsb30 member
    It's so hard to describe. It felt like a muscle twitch in the beginning, but at almost 31 weeks it's much stronger!
  • Options
    Muscle twitch! It's involuntary and kinda jerky. And occasionally hurts.
  • Options
    Yep, I agree with the muscle twitch. I'm 28 weeks and it is mostly random kicks and punches. There are times where it feels more like a "roll" and not just a kick, kinda like they way you described it, but for me that's not often.
  • Options
    I agree with @mrsfwii, it feels like jabs and kicks and occasionally full rolls.  The rolls are the hardest for me to describe.  

The other day my husband and I were snuggling in bed face-to-face, and he felt her kicks on his stomach.  He's felt her a million times with his hand, but something about feeling it on his stomach like I do made him so excited!  It was adorable!
  • Options
    Have you ever gone fishing and caught something?  To me, it feels kind of like a fish in your belly. Baby feels surprisingly strong with recent movements.
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • Options
    Does anybody else feel like their baby kicks hurt? Or am I just a wuss? :/
  • Options
    Hiccups feel like a twitching muscle. Kicks feel like someone jabbing you sharply in the sides with a finger. Rolls feel a bit like your stomach turning - makes me feel a bit nauseous. Sometimes movement feels like wind or a poo travelling through your intestines. That's the best I can do!
  • Options
    mrsb30mrsb30 member
    pabeybaby said:

Does anybody else feel like their baby kicks hurt? Or am I just a wuss? :/

Sometimes, depends on where she kicks. Kicks to my bladder hurt.
  • Options
    @pabeybaby My baby's kicks hurt. Every now and then I get a limb shoved into my ribs or pelvis. Ouch!

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sometimes it feels like a house cat trapped inside of a bag.  I think my lollypop in the cheek days are over.  She likes to go crazy in there.

• Options
    I think it's just like someone flicking a finger against inside of my stomach that just keeps getting stronger every day. The rolls feel like gas that passes quite quickly. I love it all, even the part where I don't need a wee until I suddenly get a punch in the bladder and then need to run to the toilet.
  • Options
    Feels like big salmon is swimming/ flipping in my belly:)
  • Options
    @Lizover23 I agree!!!
    My lil girl has the strongest kicks lately. It looks like a scene from "Alien." When I was being hooked up to monitors the other day, she kicked the nurses hand and she dropped the fetal monitor. Lol
  • Options
    @pabeybaby ..For me, the kicks are strong and can be pretty uncomfortable, but I wouldn't necessarily say they "hurt" quite yet.