Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Board Intro and non-painful TTC newb question

Hi ladies!! First time posting to TTGP and TB in general for a LONG time, but Ive been on the website and a lurker for much longer. Recently Hubby (3 years) and I moved from NTNP to actively trying for baby, but thus far (around four months) we've jut been having unprotected sex and trying to have sex when EWCM shows itself. I know this isn't a very effective method but hey, it's worked for many many people before. I'm ready to get down to the knitty gritty now though, so it's time to start temping and charting. I know all of the basic info and am going into this fairly armed as far as the information arena goes, so my question really has more to do with the tools than anything else. I would love to hear from people who have tried many different brands of therometers, OPKs and pee sticks and what brands they would recommend the most, and which to avoid at all costs. Which ones worked most reliably for you? Were there any that you had problems with? Do you have any that you would rave over?? I want to get everything ordered as soon as possible, because I'm already tired of playing the guessing game and would rather be playing the charting game! I tend to lurk more than I post, but it would definitely be nice to have some comrades in arms through this, so I'll try to be more active! Thanks in advance ladies!! I'll be seeing you around!

Re: Board Intro and non-painful TTC newb question

• Options

Much of this information is already posted but quickly I will tell you..

Mabis for thermometer

Wonfos for OPK and pregnancy tests for the cheap aspect if you are one of those that tests multiple times, FRER if you want to spend more $$

Buy the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility and you will learn a ton

Download Fertility Friend app

Me 35, DH 37

Unexplained infertility and TTC since December 2014

February 2016 - May 2016: 3 IUI's -- all BFN

August 2016: IVF #1 (Lupron, Gonal F and Menopur) -- 12 retrieved, 9 fertilized, 3 frozen and 1 x day 5 hatching blast transferred -- BFN. Sent remaining 3 embryos for PGS testing -- 2 didn't survive thaw, 1 was abnormal.

February 2017: IVF #2 (Gonal F, Menopur, and Ganirelix) -- 12 retrieved, 6 fertilized, 3 sent for PGS testing and all were abnormal

March 2018: IVF #3 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH) -- 14 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 4 sent for PGS testing, and 3 were PGS normal

May 2018: FET #1 -- BFN

August 2018: FET #2 -- BFP!!! healthy baby girl born May 2019!!

July 2020: FET #3 -- embyro did not survive thaw

September 2020 - IVF #4 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH) -- 1 PGS normal

October 2020 - FET #4 -- BFN

January 2021 - IVF #5 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH)  -- 2 PGS normal

February 2021 - FET #5 - BFP!!! Due 11/6/2021

• Options
    bsckgb7bsckgb7 member

^^Everything

And get HPT tests that use pink dye not blue (blue can cause lines that look like positives)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Much of this information is already posted but quickly I will tell you..

Mabis for thermometer

Wonfos for OPK and pregnancy tests for the cheap aspect if you are one of those that tests multiple times, FRER if you want to spend more $$

Buy the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility and you will learn a ton

Download Fertility Friend app

Check check on FF and TCOYF. The rest is exactly what I was looking for. Did I miss a sticky or something? I looked before asking and didn't find anything >.> Also just kinda wanted to get a sample of answers from a bunch of different people as well. Thank you much!
  • Options
    bsckgb7bsckgb7 member

Also, someone said a need trick too.  When you use the WONDFOS HPTs, pee in a cup.  If you see a faint line, then you can bust out the more expensive FRER and just dip in the same urine (otherwise you could have to wait until the next morning for FMU to text again).  That saves the FRER (and money) for when you need a confirmation.

• Options
    The search function at the top is a good place to start for general questions like these

Me 35, DH 37

Unexplained infertility and TTC since December 2014

February 2016 - May 2016: 3 IUI's -- all BFN

August 2016: IVF #1 (Lupron, Gonal F and Menopur) -- 12 retrieved, 9 fertilized, 3 frozen and 1 x day 5 hatching blast transferred -- BFN. Sent remaining 3 embryos for PGS testing -- 2 didn't survive thaw, 1 was abnormal.

February 2017: IVF #2 (Gonal F, Menopur, and Ganirelix) -- 12 retrieved, 6 fertilized, 3 sent for PGS testing and all were abnormal

March 2018: IVF #3 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH) -- 14 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 4 sent for PGS testing, and 3 were PGS normal

May 2018: FET #1 -- BFN

August 2018: FET #2 -- BFP!!! healthy baby girl born May 2019!!

July 2020: FET #3 -- embyro did not survive thaw

September 2020 - IVF #4 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH) -- 1 PGS normal

October 2020 - FET #4 -- BFN

January 2021 - IVF #5 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH)  -- 2 PGS normal

February 2021 - FET #5 - BFP!!! Due 11/6/2021

• Options
    kgbbsc7 said:

Also, someone said a need trick too.  When you use the WONDFOS HPTs, pee in a cup.  If you see a faint line, then you can bust out the more expensive FRER and just dip in the same urine (otherwise you could have to wait until the next morning for FMU to text again).  That saves the FRER (and money) for when you need a confirmation.

That is a great trick, thank you!!
    The search function at the top is a good place to start for general questions like these

Will remember for the future, thanks :3 it's been a while lol