February 2015 Moms
Options

ready to feed formula

i tried out ready-to-feed formula last night on my baby and it seems to fill him up for 1.5 hrs more at night. Im planning on using powder milk when im outside home because ready to feed formula goes bad after an hour. Is it ok to be changing it like this?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    mrlarprmrlarpr member
    You should consult your pediatrician before any time you make a formula change.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    reyes95reyes95 member
    edited May 2015
    How do you keep RTF formula just in diaper bag at room temperature? Ive heard once you open container you have to refridgerate it.@nadia1125
  • Options
    KD32412KD32412 member
    larby214 said:

You should consult your pediatrician before any time you make a formula change.

@larby214 I love that you keep trying to give good advice, I would've given up already. You are a kind and patient person!
  • Options
    That's not really a formula change, it's essentially the same thing; the contents are exactly the same (I presume).
    Why do they say to ask your physican about switching formulas? Is there that big of a difference between brands? I'm just curious, I breastfeed, so I haven't researched it at all.
  • Options
    mrlarprmrlarpr member

That's not really a formula change, it's essentially the same thing; the contents are exactly the same (I presume).
    Why do they say to ask your physican about switching formulas? Is there that big of a difference between brands? I'm just curious, I breastfeed, so I haven't researched it at all.

I assumed RTF would have different ingredients if it's shelf stable (I ebf so I wasn't familiar with the ingredients in both) but you need to consult the pedi because switching formulas could lead to digestive issues while they get used to the new formula, possibly allergies if there's a different ingredient in the formula or baby might even just not like the taste of a certain formula.