High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Cerclage expectations ??

Im 18weeks and im getting a cerclage tomorrow what can I expect after ? I am very worried .

Re: Cerclage expectations ??

• Options
    You will be sore for 4-5 days and probably on some version of BR for a week. I spent one night in the hospital because I couldn't pee after the epidural.
    TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Options
    My cerclage experience was very good. I had a spinal which is when they numb you from wasit down. I recovered very well and luckily didnt experience any discomfort or pain after the spinal wore off. Im sure youll do just fine ☺ My doctor didnt think id make it this far where i had spotting around 23 weeks. Im now 33 weeks tomorrow and still going strong. I get my stitch removed June 23rd a day im so looking forward too. Keep your head up and all will work out.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was placed under general anesthesia. The procedure was only like 15 mins. I went home that day and went back to work the next day. My doctor told me to take it easy for a week (no lifting my daughter, etc) but after that I was fine. I had period like cramping for a few days and took tylenol for it. I was placed on pelvic rest the remainder of the pregnancy and started progesterone suppositories around 23 weeks. Finished those just short of 36 weeks and will be getting the stitch removed next week (37+2). 1cm dilated but going strong! Hang in there! It's scary but hopefully your cerclage is successful in keeping baby put for a while!
    imageimage image image Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker