August 2015 Moms
Options

Too many Braxton hicks?

i have BH every day sometimes up to 6 per hour, should that concern me? Can you dilate/efface with BH? my doctor's appointment is on june 5th

Re: Too many Braxton hicks?

• Options
    My doctors have told me that unless they're consistent and timetable. Not to worry. Your body can start dilating/effacing with bh but that doesn't meant labor is going to come any sooner. If you're really worried, call your docs and get their opinion.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    EmEeGeeEmEeGee member
    Always good to let your doctor know. I was having a ton earlier in the week. Sometimes one right after another or close to ten in an hour. My dr asked me to come in just to check a cervical measurement to make sure they weren't causing my cervix to shorten. Turns out I'm fine and my body just loves to practice. Make sure you're staying really well hydrated and try to lay down and relax for a little if you're able to when you feel them coming more frequently. Good luck.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The advice my doctors gave me was to call if I get more than 4 per hour.
  • Options
    I was also told to call if I get more than 4 an hour if I can't get them to calm down. In other words, every now and then I get 5 or 6 in an hour, but I've always been able to get them to calm down and have only 1 or 2 the next  hour. I'd call your doctor's office and check their policy. This is also my second pregnancy with lots of BH, so both me and my doctor know my history. I know last pregnancy they had me come in when I was first having issues with 4+ in an hour just to get thoroughly checked out. Turns out I had a yeast infection I didn't realize I had. It didn't affect the number of BH, but the doctor said it potentially could have been the reason they were so frequent.