Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Cytotec...round 2

Tomorrow I have to take my second round of Cytotec. I'm hoping & praying everything will be clear when I go for my follow up on Monday. If not, I will be scheduled for a D&C on Tues. I've been bleeding nearly everyday since May 9. With 2 rounds of severe bleeding, one a natural miscarriage and the other Cytotec induced. I'm so over it. Anyone else been able to avoid the D&C with a couple of Cytotec doses?

Re: Cytotec...round 2

• Options
    No experience with cytotec, but I am sorry this is dragging on for you. Hope this round works and you avoid a procedure!
  • Options
    Thank you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The cytotec did nothing for me. Hopefully it works for you!
  • Options
    Hi, I've had 3 loss, two was mmc and I got cytotec treatment for those two. For me the cytotec treatment was successful. You should start to bleed heavy and begin to pass tissue and clots the same or following day. However, if you are free to choose a D&C rather than a new round of cytotec I would concidered the benefits from that vs a new round of cytotec with your doc. Heavy bleeding for too long can give you anaemia (I got that after my third loss), and it is very hard to start the emotionally healing process before you are physically done with the mc. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll have my fingers crossed for you! ((Hugs))