March 2015 Moms

Stomach problems

Had anyone been experiencing stomach issues since having your little one? I can't seem to eat anything spicy anymore without severe stomach pain within 30 min to an hour. I have some other issues as well but none are as painful as that. My acid reflux kept up during the first couple weeks postpartum but seems to have subsided. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing anything similar.

Re: Stomach problems

• Sometimes when I eat I get real bad stomach cramps that last about 10 minutes after just one bite of food
  • I developed IBS after the birth of my first child. It really got bad when I stopped breastfeeding and my gastroenterologist said it's not uncommon. He thought it might be related to the change in hormones.
    Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @Amy and Jay that's really interesting in regards to my excess wind post a few days ago and makes a lot of sense. Thanks!
  • Thanks for sharing everyone. Good to know maybe there's a reason to my current problems.
  • I don't have a gastroenterologist but maybe I need to see one! I've been gassy and poopy every day since my baby was born!
  • @RaquelOrnelas I didn't have one either until I started having stomach problems after my first. They ran all sorts of tests and did a colonoscopy and couldn't find anything conclusive hence the diagnosis of IBS. Also if you had a 3rd or 4th degree tear you're more likely to have some of these kinds of issues.

Oh what we go through for these sweet babies of ours ;-)
    Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kfooy1kfooy1 member
    I use to have an iron gut but now it hurts and is irritable more offen then not. Also the whole now being gassy all the time is no fun :( wish I knew how to fix it !