March 2015 Moms

How do I deal???

aamari15aamari15 member
edited May 2015 in March 2015 Moms
I am a ftm to a two month old , ever since we left the hospital with her as a newborn my family and my husbands family has been trying to compare who our daughter looks like . To me she looks like my husband and to my husband she looks like me ,she haas little facial features like my nose and lips and my husbands eyes and ears. We hate hearing people we know tell us she looks nothing like us but looks like distant family or my husbands sister or my family it's like battle of which family does baby look like . It has been happening so much that when people tell me my baby looks like my sister in law I just tell them really ??? Your the first person to say that . Everyone says she looks like her daddy and they pretty much get the hint

Re: How do I deal???

• 2Swanns2Swanns member
    It's natural for people to speculate who the baby looks like. I'd try not to get so worked up about it - there are bigger things to worry about now! :
  • KD32412KD32412 member
    Just smile and ignore everyone. Who cares?
  • Loading the player...
  • aamari15 said:

I am a ftm to a two month old , ever since we left the hospital with her as a newborn my family and my husbands family has been trying to compare who our daughter looks like . To me she looks like my husband and to my husband she looks like me ,she haas little facial features like my nose and lips and my husbands eyes and ears. We hate hearing people we know tell us she looks nothing like us but looks like distant family or my husbands sister or my family it's like battle of which family does baby look like . It has been happening so much that when people tell me my baby looks like my sister in law I just tell them really ??? Your the first person to say that . Everyone says she looks like her daddy and they pretty much get the hint

The things people tell you and say to you after your baby is born can get annoying. I know what you mean. I haven't been through this specifically, but everyone says my son looks like me (I still don't see who he looks like yet). So then my MIL insisted on sending me lots of pics of husband as a baby so I'd see the baby looks like him. I just say "to me, he just looks like himself right now and no one else". That tends to shut them down pretty quick.
  • Good idea I'll try that too :)
  • I get told that my son looks like me over and over again as if I didn't hear them the first time. If I'm in a bad mood, I let them know we did IVF with donor eggs- that shuts them up pretty quickly. Lol