Pregnant after a Loss

Getting pregnant after a miscarriage

hello! I'm new to the bump, last Monday I found out I was pregnant with my first we have been trying for 6 months... On Friday I had a miscarriage which I'm still trying to get over! I'm devastated! But I was wondering how long does it take to get pregnant again?

Re: Getting pregnant after a miscarriage

• So sorry for your loss. You should ask your doctor when it's okay to start trying. Even then, nobody will be able to pinpoint when you will fall pregnant again.

The girls on the TTCAL board may be more helpful. Girls on this board are already expecting after a loss.

• I'm so sorry for your loss.  Definitely check in with your doctor.

My doctor was, one cycle - which meant go through one menstrual cycle after the miscarriage (one period) and then start trying again.  Others may say wait longer, but for emotional reasons as well. 

Do check out the TTCAL board as well, but it's understandable checking in here as we're now PgAL. 

Best of luck to you!!!

• Loading the player...
  • It's different for everyone. Talk to your doctor. Best of luck to you!
  • It took me a year to get pregnant again.
  • I am so sorry for your loss :( I miscarried in October last year. My partner and I started trying again when the bleeding stopped and once we felt it was right (depending on how far you were the doctor might recommend you wait longer) I am now 12 weeks pregnant after 5 months of TTC. I've heard of people who got pregnant before their first cycle and others who weren't able to for 12 months. It depends on you. I found that once I stopped stressing so much about TTC (which took months) that it finally happened. Just make sure that you are ready and give yourself time. Goodluck :)
  • I'm so sorry for your loss :( I read a million articles about miscarriage after our loss this past Feb. A lot said that you are your most fertile right after you miscarry. We started trying right away and just found out that I'm 5 weeks :) I think it would have happened sooner had I understood my cycle better. I was way off in estimating my ovulation. The first month I used the ovulation sticks we got pregnant :)
  • I miscarried with twins in October 2014..had d & c ...i was told to wait 3 months ... i got pregnant in April so exactly 6 months. .. now I'm 9 weeks 4 days :) good luck!
  • I'm sorry that happened to you. We waited three cycles based on my doctors recommendation. I stayed on all of my vitamins, though. It took a cycle, them we got pregnant the next.
  • HipshakerHipshaker member
    edited May 2015
    It is truly devistating, I'm so sorry. I waited one cycle and was pregnant. Although the ob asked me to wait 2 cycles. I am nervous. My loss was 9wks and I'm 8.2wks. My first appointment is in a few days. I felt pride in myself for trying again and letting my heart be exposed again. Everyone does things in there own time.