Babies: 0 - 3 Months

"Meet the Baby" Party

Is this something that ppl do? Like a Meet the Baby BBQ or Picnic since it is summer now. I have no idea how I will feel after giving birth, this is my first pregnancy. But my family has a history of extremely easy labour and recovery. Even still, I would not plan anything until after, knowing that I still want to. But I think that this would be fun and just wondering if anyone else has done anything like this.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: "Meet the Baby" Party

• I think it would be good to wait a few weeks. We had one 5 days postpartum with DH side of the family who are from out of town. They did all the shopping, cooking, and cleaning, but I was dealing with the baby blues at the time and it was a struggle for me. I didnt physically have to do anything but it was still rough because i felt like i had to entertain everyone (but really i didnt). I don't feel like I enjoyed it as much as I could have if we had waited longer.
  • I'm having one June 21st. My LO was born May 3rd.
  • Loading the player...
  • Most people wait at least 6 weeks to have something like that, especially if you end up with a C-section or even if you have the easiest birth in the world, the first couple months are super tough.
  • Beccaz7Beccaz7 member
    Well, I guess its definitely a normal thing. I am never heard if it before. 
  • Beccaz7 said:

Is this something that ppl do? Like a Meet the Baby BBQ or Picnic since it is summer now. I have no idea how I will feel after giving birth, this is my first pregnancy. But my family has a history of extremely easy labour and recovery. Even still, I would not plan anything until after, knowing that I still want to. But I think that this would be fun and just wondering if anyone else has done anything like this.

Some choose to do this, yes.

Family history means absolutely NOTHING for how your labor will go. Even your own labor history means nothing. I know this from experience.

Personally, I would not hold a Meet The Bebe Fete until 2 months old. Why? Vaccinations. They've been started & others have a chance to get flu/TDAP etc.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• My church ladies really wanted to throw a shower but I felt like total crap towards the end, so they decided to do a meet the baby shower on June 20th. My daughter was born May 7th so she'll be around 6weeks. Its also a cool idea because you can let the host know of a few things you still might need that you didn't think of, or forgot. We just asked for bigger diapers like 2's and 3's and if anyone was planning on buying clothes, to please buy 3mo+
  • Beccaz7Beccaz7 member

Some choose to do this, yes. Family history means absolutely NOTHING for how your labor will go. Even your own labor history means nothing. I know this from experience. Personally, I would not hold a Meet The Bebe Fete until 2 months old. Why? Vaccinations. They've been started & others have a chance to get flu/TDAP etc.

Thats a bit of an overstatement. Family history is not a guarantee. But it most definitely plays a part.