3rd Trimester

Third Baby, no dilation!

im 39 wks and I am still not dilating! With my first two I was at least a 3 by now, I am 80% effaced, my dr thinks it is a bit odd that I'm not dilating... My first was 5 days early, my second was induced on my due date... I've heard Id you've been induced your body doesn't know how to go into labor on its own, any truth to this? Anxious and wondering if my body will go into labor on its own! For now I'm waiting until she comes on her own but I don't want to go too long especially if I'm not dilated!

Re: Third Baby, no dilation!

• As a veteran, you probably know this, but just remember that current status is no indication of future progress. This is a reason why some moms opt not to even do cervical checks. They can lead to false hope or unneeded worry. The physiological time window (vs. a managed care time window) is up to 42 weeks and you well within that. There is still loads of time for your body to do exactly what it needs to. Hang in there! I'm anxious, too, and I'm only 37 weeks. I know I'll be crazy-eager at 39!
  • It doesn't matter. You can go into labor tomorrow even if you are closed today...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • This is my third baby as well and I won't know if I'm dilated because my provider doesn't do checks unless there's a reason.  That's how meaningless they are.  I wouldn't worry!