Trouble TTC

First clomid cycle a bust

So I got the news today my first clomid cycle didn't work and I didn't ovulate. I know its not a big crazy concern just really bummed out. I know I need to see the RE but my obgyn wants me to do one more cycle with a different dosage before she sends me to her RE. Hope everyone else is having a better week!

Re: First clomid cycle a bust

• GoldenKeysGoldenKeys admin
    edited May 2015
    Oh man, bummer!  BTW I would insist on seeing the RE in your place.  You only get 6 cycles of clomid and your fertility isn't there for her target practice!  Either way I hope that your next cycle has much better results.  HUGS

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
    dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

• I am sorry this round didn't produce any results. I am monitoring now after my first round. I hope that either the RE can give you more answers or the next round works , whichever you decide.

image imageimage 

September Siggy Challenge : Favorite Childhood Movies ( Sorry I have two)

• Loading the player...
  • jurba25jurba25 member
    Thanks for the support! I'm confused of what to do i think the thought of the RE makes me feel like there's even a bigger issue I don't want to confront.
  • jnissajnissa member
    I'm very sorry your cycle didn't work. You seem to have a level head about it. 

But you do absolutely need to insist on the RE referral and *not* do a second round of clomid with your doctor. Don't be nervous about it. It doesn't mean that there is a bigger issue. But clomid isn't aspirin. You don't just keep upping the dosage and hoping it works. Has your obgyn done an HSG? Do you know what your AMG and FSH were? Please get your referral, even if she's reluctant. It may actually be a smaller issue rather than a bigger one and she just doesn't have the expertise in fertility to know that :) 
    Me: 41, DH 38, Diagnosis DOR
    Started TTC 12/2013
    First Trip to RE: 11/2014
    IVF Round 1: 2/2014 - BFP
    DD Born 11/9/2014
    TTC a Sibling Started 5/2015
    First IVF Round 8/15 - BFN
    Taking a break to go on vacation + enjoy the holidays before FET and/or another IVF round in 2016!

• GoldenKeysGoldenKeys admin
    edited May 2015

jurba25 said:
    Thanks for the support! I'm confused of what to do i think the thought of the RE makes me feel like there's even a bigger issue I don't want to confront.
    The RE's job is to help women get pregnant, and the OBGYN is there to take care of you AFTER you get pregnant.  Most of them have no business prescribing fertility meds.  Did you know that a common side effect for Clomid is to thin your uterine lining?  Yeah, so even if you ovulate next time, your lining could be too thin for the fertilized egg to be able to implant.   This is why you're only allowed 6 cycles in your entire lifetime.    The RE will measure your uterine lining at various points of your medicated cycle to make sure that doesn't happen... protecting your fertility and giving you a better shot at not just ovulating but actually getting pregnant. ;-)

• jurba25jurba25 member
    @GoldenKeys @samanthafavorite @jnissa

Thanks for your advice and support I called my obgyn today and made an appointment with the RE I go next Thursday. I will let everyone know what happens after the appointment. Any advice on what I should expect?
  • jurba25 said:
    @GoldenKeys @samanthafavorite @jnissa Thanks for your advice and support I called my obgyn today and made an appointment with the RE I go next Thursday. I will let everyone know what happens after the appointment. Any advice on what I should expect?
    YAY!!  This is fabulous news.   They will take a very comprehensive history, schedule blood work, and don't be surprised if you get a vaginal ultrasound at the first meeting, whether you're bleeding or not.  Try to write down your questions beforehand because a lot will be thrown at you, and you don't want to forget in the heat of the moment.  Proud of you!

• jurba25jurba25 member
    Thanks @GoldenKeys ok I will definitely do that. And I'm used to being poked and prodded I'm just nervous if they want to do the Dye test.
  • jurba25 said:
    Thanks @GoldenKeys ok I will definitely do that. And I'm used to being poked and prodded I'm just nervous if they want to do the Dye test.
    They definitely will not do the dye test on your first day!  But you will definitely get an HSG (if you're in the USA) in the near future.  And a sperm analysis too.

• jurba25jurba25 member
    My husband already did the sperm analysis before I did this first clomid cycle my doctor wouldn't give the mess till he had it. I figured they wouldn't but I know it's coming lol.
  • The HSG really wasn't as bad as I expected it to be if that helps!
    My first clomid cycle was unsuccessful too. And it looks like my second cycle may have been (currently day 46 and no progesterone rise). I'm in the UK, so think it may be slightly different over here. But I'm just about to collect another prescription for a higher dose for the third cycle when the time comes.
    Don't be down-heartened, the tests will help you get the correct treatment. xx
  • Thanks hope this cycle works better for you @SmileyMcGee
  • Thanks @jurba25 let us know how you get on xx