June 2015 Moms
Options

May sound silly!

so this may sound silly but I still want yalls opinion! I'm a FTM and I'm not sure if I believe those "how to jump start labor" things. You know like eating spicy foods or drink German beer kinda things. But anyways my friends gave me a gift card to go get a pedicure. I was super excited cause I can't really touch my feet anymore. My neighbor on the other hand swears that pedicures can start labor from all the feet and leg rubbing. She said she has had 2 friends go get their feet done and within hours their water was broken.
What do yall thing? True or false? I'm 39 weeks.

Re: May sound silly!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    There are particular points on the feet that are said to trigger contractions but absolutely no reason to avoid your pedi. Just let the salon know any concerns that you have in advance so they can get you the right technician.
  • Options
    My midwife did tell me some points on my feet for my husband to massage to kick start labor, acupressure apparently
  • Options
  • Options
    I was told the same thing by a girlfriend at dinner tonight. But I'm not trying to jumpstart anything.
  • Options
    I also get pedis often and I'm still pregnant! I'm planing on another one next week before my induction. Must. Have. Cute. Feet.
  • Options
    I get a pedi every 2 weeks and 38 weeks today!
  • Options
    I'm a licensed cosmetology instructor so I can tell you while it is possible it's not probable. You have pressure points in your feet that can cause contractions but said pressure points have to be massaged a certain way and with a certain amount of force.
    Go enjoy your pedi mama!
  • Options
    Just got a pedi yesterday and am still pregnant. But enjoy the pedi!

BFP#1 11.19.10 Missed MC 01.10.11 Sam & Alex
    BFP#2 05.08.11 Birthday 1.11.12 Peyton
    BFP#3 06.10.12 Birthday 2.14.13-Cooper Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Congrats to my buddy Ambs21! Welcome to the world Audrey!
    Congrats to my buddy Mork! Welcome sweet E!
  • Options
    If you go into labor at 39 weeks after a pedicure, it's probably just coincidence.
  • Options
    My husband rubs my feet and legs every night. No baby yet.
  • Options
    Ugh my ob said no chiropractor or pedis. I'm about to start a riot!!! X(
  • Options
    I did attempt that...I still am pregnant.
  • Options

My husband rubs my feet and legs every night. No baby yet.

So jealous. Mine said, "you've been really good about not complaining about how uncomfortable you are." last night in bed and then patted my back. Thanks honey.
    I think I would have attacked my husband!!!
  • Options
    Some things work for some people and some don't. Some are just complete BS. Most of the time there's not even scientific research that backs these up.
    Like me for an example membrane sweeps send me into labor, others not so much.
  • Options
    According to my massage therapists, the pressure points around your ankles and calves that are said to induce labor have to be pressed exactly right and very hard, almost to the point of pain and even then it won't work every time.
  • Options
    TLeec16TLeec16 member
    It did with my second (he was two weeks early) but not with my third and this one. I went on Saturday and still no signs of him coming. Go relax and enjoy!!
  • Options
    marg12marg12 member
    Well ladies I went and got a pedicure today! And it was amazing! And I'm still pregnant!
  • Options
    Get the pedicure :) I've been getting them my whole pregnancy. I'm actually getting one tomorrow. The girl that does mine avoids the "pressure points that can jump start labor". I don't really believe it so I tell her to just do her thing and I'll be fine, but she won't do it because she said two women went in to labor after she did it (one that day and the other the next day)...probably just a coincidence, who knows. I have only 10 days until my EDD soooo I don't care what gets rubbed as long as it feels good ;;)