Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Am I over thinking it!

I'm a couple days late for my period and its never late.
I always run on 28 day cycle.
I have been tracking my ovulation to try and conceive with my husband.
I know I shouldn't be putting pressure on myself but I am.
I bought 50x early detect pregnancy test online but and getting a clear negative.
I have had terrible cramping for about a week and a half now which isn't normal for me.
I guess my question is..
How long do I need to wait to take another test?
I keep reading different things online, I need some advice please.

Re: Am I over thinking it!

• Options
    If your late you can test. There is no rule about this. (FYI- you might get some backlash with this comment... You are kinda asking if we think your pregnant by posting all those symptoms etc) good luck. Hope you get a bfp soon!
    Cramping can be a lot of things-constipation, af, dehydration etc. Chemical pregnancies are really common which can appear like a late period and depending on the opk may never show up. But keep testing till you see af that's all the advice anyone can give.
  • Options
    IowaLove89IowaLove89 member
    edited May 2015

I'm a couple days late for my period and its never late.
    I always run on 28 day cycle.
    I have been tracking my ovulation to try and conceive with my husband.
    I know I shouldn't be putting pressure on myself but I am.
    I bought 50x early detect pregnancy test online but and getting a clear negative.
    I have had terrible cramping for about a week and a half now which isn't normal for me.
    I guess my question is..
    How long do I need to wait to take another test?
    I keep reading different things online, I need some advice please.

How are you tracking ovulation? OPKs don't actually tell you when you ovulate, and cycle lengths do change from time to time.

I would wait a week, and test again if AF hasn't shown up.

Also, I recommend tracking your BBT to determine when you actually ovulate. It has saved me tons of money in HPTs.

Good luck!

Edit: It's early, and my fingers submitted mid-sentence.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If the test is negative, you are not pregnant at this time. 
    You probably just ovulated later this cycle and unless you're charting your temps there is no way to know when you've ovulated. Even if you "always run on a 28 day cycle".

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5a434d/">My Ovulation Chart</a>

• Options
    Your body is regular, until its not. Cycles can change for any reason and you are getting negative tests right now which means not pregnant right now. You probably ovulated later than you usually have in the past. You can keep testing every week until you get a + or you get your period.

Pick up a copy of taking charge of your fertility to learn how your cycles actually work and why they dont follow a calander.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options

The tests are clearly wrong and it's twins! Congrats!

+1 for twinsies!

Image result for bobs burger gifs

httpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploadeaa27518d817eb3a350c501028155427jpghttpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUpload6bbb16d010206d10646648f568faa060jpg

• Options
    If you're not temping, you will never know when you ovulated. You're regular until you aren't. 
    TTC since 12/2014
  • Options
    mrsmommyamrsmommya member
    edited May 2015
    I agree just wait a week and test again.

EDIT: Checking my signature
  • Options
  • Options
    linny4linny4 member
    Yes you're over thinking it. Test every 2-3 days until AF arrives. You prob ovulated later than "normal".
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Dating 02/04/2004 Married 08/11/2012
    TTC 08/2014 
    BFP 01/01/2015
    MMC 10 weeks 02/16/15
    BFP 06/18/2015 DS Born 02/28/2016 
  • Options
    You are def pregnant!! There is absolutely no other reason you could be late! Yay for you!

• Options
    You are def pregnant!! There is absolutely no other reason you could be late! Yay for you! image
    Best gif ever!
    Him:31Me:27
    NTNP#1 since 12/14, TTC#1 since 4/15
    LPD diagnosis 9/15
    Femara + TI #1: 12/15 - 1/16 = BFN
    Femara + Ovidrel + TI #2: 1/16 - 2/16 = BFN
    Femara + Ovidrel + TI #3: 2/16 - 3/16 = BFP (Squish) 3/18/16, no growth/HB 4/12/16, MC on 5/3/16
    Taking a break from trying to focus on graduate school!