April 2014 Moms

Nap Terrors?

LO woke up from his nap having what seemed like a night terror: blood-curdling scream for 10 minutes, never really opening his eyes, then a break, and then repeat twice. It was awful. Can night terrors happen at nap time?

Re: Nap Terrors?

• Our pediatrician told us they can happen anytime they enter REM sleep. So if your LO naps long enough, then it can happen during naps too. Sorry it happened. It's so scary to watch them go through it.
  • That's good to know--thanks for the info @OliveOyl2014 he had been asleep for an hour, so seems like that is what it may have been. I was almost in tears by the end...
  • Loading the player...
  • That's good to know--thanks for the info @OliveOyl2014 he had been asleep for an hour, so seems like that is what it may have been. I was almost in tears by the end...

Hang in there! Our LO had them maybe once or twice a week for a month, then they suddenly stopped. Hoping they don't come back!
  • I'm glad to hear they passed. I hope they don't come back for either of our lo's. So awful. I got a lot of good snuggles afterward, though.