Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

biting 12 mo old

My triplets are 14 mo..almost 12 mo adjusted. One is a biter. He honestly lunges at the other boys and bites..hard. he does it with us too and leaves marks. My 2 yo dd has now learned this hurts and does it when she's frustrated. After my son does it, he laughs.. he really thinks he's playing. Advice on stopping this?
Thanks!

No periods due to 17 years of ballet and distance running after college.  Zero response to 2 months of Clomid, little response to Letrozole.  IUI left with 9 cysts = too many viable eggs due to age.  On to IVF.  Low dose of all meds still produced 37 mature eggs 12.6.11.  Froze due to overstimulation.  

FET #1.1 1.22.12 BFN.   FET #1.2 2.22.12=GRACE! (and a vanishing twin).  

Grace Katherine born 10.25.12 @ 36w6w 6#14oz 19.5".
FET #1.3 3.2013 BFN FET#1.4 4.2013 BFN. Never tried a fresh transfer.  Let's try, despite 10 still frozen.  
ER 6.26.13 27 mature eggs, slight overstim. ET   7.1.13 ectopic, FET 2.1  9.10.14   TRIPLETS!!  

Boys born 3.18.14 @ 29w5d.  Andrew Jack 3#6oz 16", Grant Robert 3#9oz 16", Charles Phillip 3#7oz 17".

Re: biting 12 mo old

• Options
    So when my DD was biting I made sure to tell her no very sternly every time and frowning or making a mad face at her and I made sure to never act like it was funny thing to do even once to keep her from getting mixed messages. For us it was a phase and she stopped doing it, but I know every baby is different. Some Moms says ignoring it is better but I don't know, I felt like showing my displeasure with her was better. If I was holding her and she bit me I put her down and walked away after saying no (and refused to pick her back up) so she would know there were consequences. 
  • Options
    So when my DD was biting I made sure to tell her no very sternly every time and frowning or making a mad face at her and I made sure to never act like it was funny thing to do even once to keep her from getting mixed messages. For us it was a phase and she stopped doing it, but I know every baby is different. Some Moms says ignoring it is better but I don't know, I felt like showing my displeasure with her was better. If I was holding her and she bit me I put her down and walked away after saying no (and refused to pick her back up) so she would know there were consequences. 

This.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    that would probably work very well for us, but how do I stop him from biting the other triplets and the 2 year old?

No periods due to 17 years of ballet and distance running after college.  Zero response to 2 months of Clomid, little response to Letrozole.  IUI left with 9 cysts = too many viable eggs due to age.  On to IVF.  Low dose of all meds still produced 37 mature eggs 12.6.11.  Froze due to overstimulation.  

FET #1.1 1.22.12 BFN.   FET #1.2 2.22.12=GRACE! (and a vanishing twin).  

Grace Katherine born 10.25.12 @ 36w6w 6#14oz 19.5".
    FET #1.3 3.2013 BFN FET#1.4 4.2013 BFN. Never tried a fresh transfer.  Let's try, despite 10 still frozen.  
    ER 6.26.13 27 mature eggs, slight overstim. ET   7.1.13 ectopic, FET 2.1  9.10.14   TRIPLETS!!  

Boys born 3.18.14 @ 29w5d.  Andrew Jack 3#6oz 16", Grant Robert 3#9oz 16", Charles Phillip 3#7oz 17".

• Options
    that would probably work very well for us, but how do I stop him from biting the other triplets and the 2 year old?

Hmmm, pull him away when he does it and do sort of a time out? I know he's young and won't "get" it yet but it's worth a shot. Somehow he needs to realize that the behavior isn't ok but he's young so that's tricky.
  • Options
    rspalding001rspalding001 member
    edited May 2015
    Yeah just constantly correct the behavior when you see it happen and if you have a day care provider make sure they know you are ok with them doing the same. Consistency is key.
  • Options
    AmyB421AmyB421 member
    Our preschool recommends reading teeth are not for biting. I'm not sure if it helped or he just grew out of biting but it's worth a shot. He also liked the Yo Gabba Gabba song don't bite your friends