Babies on the Brain
Options

Breaking out from Prenatal Vitamins

hello! I have been taking prenatal vitamins for about 2 weeks now and my skin is going crazy! Has anyone else experienced this? Is it just temporary? I took the advice of taking them at night with a meal and haven't really had any other side effects but I'm a makeup artist and while I can hide uneven skin tone, I cannot hide texture (pimples). I don't know what brand I have. I just purchased them from my health care providers pharmacy (Kaiser Permanente). Please let me know about tips or recommendations!

Re: Breaking out from Prenatal Vitamins

• Options
    StarbucksShipStarbucksShip member
    edited May 2015
    The first month or so I had some increased acne. Pretty sure it was the vitamins that was the culprit, too. I'm three months in now, but the acne has vanished. My best guess is that it was a change in my diet (and fish oils) that triggered the outbreaks. Once my body adapted the acne subsided. In fact, I think my skin looks better now even in the DC heat and humidity!

FWIW the pre-natals are gummies with no iron, but still have DHA. I'll add iron supplements once we're closer to actively TTC.

eta: Check your ingredients for a sense of how they might be impacting you.
  • Options
    Fish oil also makes me break out.  Check to see if your vitamins have DHA.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have not had this problem yet. My prenatals I don't think have fish oil in them though, so check for that like PP said.