8% 17 votes
Bassinet or other in your bedroom
36% 76 votes
All of the above
3% 7 votes
Special snowflake
0% 0 votes

Re: Where does your baby sleep?

• All of the above! I've tried everything and the best sleep that my baby gets is when I let her sleep with me in bed. However, I don't feel comfortable doing this because of all the APA guidelines. Time in bed is far a few in between and restricted to naps only, but I do love having her next to me.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    For SuzyQ and all the M15 losses

• She sleeps both in her crib and with me in bed but lately she's been sleeping with me. I noticed she sleeps for a longer period when she sleeps with me. She'll sleep for 6-7 hours straight sometimes, and for example last night she slept in her crib and only slept 4 hours straight. :/ I don't want her to get used to sleeping with me in bed but looks like she already did lol :(
  • Loading the player...
  • adelemsadelems member
    In his bassinet next to my bed for now. Occasionally he takes naps in his big crib in the kids shared room to get him used to it. I slept with him in bed with me twice and both times I was so uncomfortable I didn't move an inch all night, barely slept, and woke up so sore... Plus, I don't want to start that habit because once my husband is sleeping back in our bed again (he has to work super long hours so we decided while baby is waking up at night he should sleep in the guest room) it's definitely not happening. My husband is a fitful sleeper. Would be dangerous!
  • My baby is getting used to his bassinet but he has slept with me in my bed I don't see a difference with how long he sleeps but after he wakes up and eats his bottle I lay him down next to me to go back to sleep and he falls asleep a lot faster but then I put him back in his crib
  • During the night my LO sleeps only in his crib (except two nights- one night he was fussy so slept downstairs in his bassinet and the floor, other time it was cold upstairs and slept in his bassinet). At 8 weeks he usually sleeps from 11-5ish at night for us. During the day he sleeps all over- on me, in the carrier, car seat if we are out, and occasionally on his playmat and in the bassinet. He isn't very good about sleeping on his own during the day-- any tips?
  • My LO sleeps in his Pack n play next to my bed, which I love as it allows me to just lean over and give him a tummy rub or turn on the vibrating feature to soothe him when he's fussy. Its also easy for me to keep an eye on him for my own peace of mind and he's super close for those late night feedings. During the day we move the PNP downstairs and have a swing for shorter naps. Still debating on when we'll move him to the crib in his own room but I think we'll soon start some daytime naps there like @adelems suggests
  • During the day she naps really well when I lay her on her boppy pillow. That's when I can watch her and get stuff done around the house. I tried getting her used to her crib, but she sleeps so much better in bed with me. It's just us on a queen size so she has plenty of room and it is nice for BF :)
  • asmoleyasmoley member
    My LO has slept in his crib since the first night home and has had two nights in the pack n play when we stayed at my in-laws. He does great at 7 weeks now and sleeps from 8-1 and then until 5 or 6 each morning. It was a little hard the first two-three nights to force myself to get out of bed and into the nursery, but it was a great decision for my husband and I to have the us time at night.
  • KD32412KD32412 member
    I co-slept with my first and am doing the same this time around. It's the only way I can get any sleep. We have a queen bed, firm mattress, no blankets, and only one small pillow for me. Both kids sleep longer and nap very well. Co-sleeping works for my family. I love it.
  • LcastoLcasto member
    Just moved him into his crib in his nursery on Monday night (coincidentally on his 2 month birthday). He was sleeping in a bassinet next to my bed up until then. He's been doing great so far!
  • My baby started sleeping in our bed in a"Nest" with my husband and I(attached example of the nest) and during the day she would take her naps in the crib. She is 2 months now and just 2 weeks ago I transferred her to the crib. She is sleeping from 9pm to 5am straight. Im very happy because i just started working
  • My 6 week old baby boy sleeps in an Arms Reach Mini Coslesper which is next to my side of the bed. I like having him close for reassurance, and I'm a FTM. I'm thinking about transitioning him into his crib/nursery starting around week 8. Hoping this will give us enough time to make the transition by the time I go back to work week he's 12 weeks old.
  • adelemsadelems member
    @babystarin your baby sounds just like mine! Terrible sleeper during the day but he sleeps from 9:30 to 3, and then until 7 on his own at night. So I can't complain too much :)
  • I both cosleep and use the swing. I swaddle her super tight and put the swing on low and she will sleep for 6 or more hours a night. The swing is right next to my bed. When she wakes up around 4 or 5, she sleeps in bed with me until we get up for the day. I coslept with my oldest until 7 months. She then wanted to sleep in her crib. She would only sleep in her crib and had no problem transitioning.
  • My six week old sleeps in his crib at night and during the day naps in swing our on boppy pillow. Occasionally when he fights sleep during the day I will lay in bed with him so he will sleep
  • Mine was in her PNP next to my bed until about 5 weeks but then we moved her to the crib in the nursery. Of course the nursery is connected to our bedroom so she's still pretty close :-)

Both of us have slept much better since she moved.
    Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have her in a big travel cot in our room, tucked in a Sleepyhead which is similar to OPs basket above. It makes things nice and snug. We have a bed in her nursery and if she's being particularly fussy (twice in 8 weeks so far) then I'll take her in there and co-sleep with her, away from hubby and the dogs.
  • adelems said:

@babystarin your baby sounds just like mine! Terrible sleeper during the day but he sleeps from 9:30 to 3, and then until 7 on his own at night. So I can't complain too much :)

I definitely am glad I get decent sleep at night!! We cope fine during the day just sucks I can't get as much done lol. Usually once a week I take him next door to my parents for snuggle time and I sneak back home and do a power clean. I'm dreading going back to work cause then I won't be able to sleep in so I can get stuff done :( lol.
  • DD slept in a rock and play until 5 weeks swaddled. She is now in the crib in the nursery since she was 5 weeks. It was a rough transition for two nights but now at 10 weeks she sleeps 8pm to 7am swaddled. She's always been a sleeping champion and we are extremely lucky!
  • My little one is in a small cradle by my bed she is 10 weeks and u tried the pack and play because we are moving at the end of the month and the pediatrician recommended we wait untill the move to get her use to her room. However she flails like crazy and had to but her back in her snug cradle. I even swaddle her She has reflux and the cradle is slightly slanted upward so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.
  • She's been in her crib since three weeks old, and now she's 8 weeks and sleeping really well at night. She usually tacks on her morning nap to her nighttime sleep, so will usually sleep from 8pm to 9:30 am, waking up between 4:30 and 6:30, sometimes a second time if she gets up closer to 4:30. Daytime naps are wherever she is comfortable, but I try to get her into her crib or PNP for at least one long stretch. We really have been blessed with a great sleeper!
  • We safely co-sleep in our bed following Dr. Sears' guidelines in The Baby Sleep Book:
    - no blankets, pillows, etc
    - no swaddle
    - my husband and I do not drink alcohol or take meds that can make you drowsy
    - baby on his back
    - I breastfeed only
    - no one smokes
    - king sized bed

I found that we all sleep better with baby in bed with us.
  • liveeeann said:

We safely co-sleep in our bed following Dr. Sears' guidelines in The Baby Sleep Book:
    - no blankets, pillows, etc
    - no swaddle
    - my husband and I do not drink alcohol or take meds that can make you drowsy
    - baby on his back
    - I breastfeed only
    - no one smokes
    - king sized bed

I found that we all sleep better with baby in bed with us.

I do this sometimes too! I always put her in the cosleeper first, but if she gets too fussy that I can't calm her down with a pacifier, then I bring her out next to me.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• We safely cosleep as well. I also purchased a levana (snuza) monitor for half price on zulily just for my peace of mind, and I love it! We've all been sleeping so much better.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Ambethsco said:

We safely cosleep as well. I also purchased a levana (snuza) monitor for half price on zulily just for my peace of mind, and I love it! We've all been sleeping so much better.

When you cosleep, so you keep the baby snuggled up right next to you or just near you?
    Pregnancy Ticker

• kfooy1kfooy1 member
    I Co sleep and bassinet as well we have blankets on the bed but he sleeps on my arm and so happy but I BF only so many of the times we co sleep is because of feeding I feel safe but I'm now worlds lightest sleeper I put him in the bassinet when possible.
  • Ambethsco said:

We safely cosleep as well. I also purchased a levana (snuza) monitor for half price on zulily just for my peace of mind, and I love it! We've all been sleeping so much better.

When you cosleep, so you keep the baby snuggled up right next to you or just near you?
    He starts out away from me but usually ends up scooting over close to me in the night. He's a little cuddle bug. I've been putting him in his crib for naps with the hope that I can transition him over at night, but I love sleeping with my babies so it's hard on me. It's so much easier nursing at night when they're right there next to you.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Hi we have a bassinet he sleeps in at night. He hadn't been gaining weight so we are still waking him up every two to three hours. During the day he naps with me or in his swing.
  • My 10 week old son sleeps in a Bassinest made by Halo. It is on a pole and swivels right over my bed next to me. I can put a vibration and sound feature on. He has been sleeping between 3-7 hours swaddled. Nothing consistent yet but he goes right to sleep when I put him in the Bassinet at night. Once light comes, he wants to lay in my bed which makes me nervous.

BabyName Ticker'>Thoward