April 2015 Moms

back to the gym!!

I would just like to post my excitment about going back to the gym! Technically I can tomorrow but I am getting over Strep. As soon as that is gone I am going to be there! Has anyone else gone back yet?

Re: back to the gym!!

• I'm 4 weeks pp and can't wait until I'm cleared in 2 weeks to return (I had a csection). I have been ready to work out more than walking for at least 2 weeks!
  • I haven't been cleared for the gym yet :-q
  • Loading the player...
  • I have been cleared to workout but I had a csection and know I can't jump back into the Insanity program yet. So I'm struggling with starting slow but I will get there!
  • edited May 2015
    I just got cleared today after my c-section too, and I'm a jogger but don't feel even remotely ready. Glad you feel the same, @smilesallaround. I was in the gym the day we induced, but...just not there. We'll get there, right? I feel like I need to wait until I can comfortably walk three miles before I run...
  • I got cleared earlier this week so I'm gonna start off slow and work my way up. It'll be good stress relief too.
  • I worked out until the day I delivered and was cleared at five weeks.  It felt wonderful to go for a jog and then sit in the sauna.  Really made me feel like myself again.
  • Starting softball on Thursday when my son turns 1 month. Feeling great and excited to get back in shape:)
  • I wanted to hit the gym at 6 weeks pp but honestly as a ftm motherhood was seriously kicking my butt. Up until just this past week I was tired all of the time and could not get a handle on things! My son is 12 weeks and I just started going back this week. The super frustrating thing is I lost all my baby weight within like the first two weeks pp and my stomach was basically flat for weeks. Now all of a sudden I am getting a pooch! I feel like I look like I'm newly pregnant all over again! Now trying to watch what I eat much more carefully and hit the gym at least 3 times a week. I am so pissed I purchased a cute new bikini that I would've been confidant in a few weeks ago and now I wouldn't dare put it on.
  • Coco118Coco118 member
    I went for my last run at 41w+ 2d and still felt great, so I thought for sure that I'd be back out running and exercising quickly after delivery. 5 weeks PP today and I'm still struggling to walk a couple miles :( I had a 3rd degree tear that got infected and reopened, and since has been healing together on its own because it couldn't be re-stitched, so I think my road to recovery is going to be a long one. It's been SO hard to accept as someone who remained so active throughout pregnancy. But I am trying to remind myself that rushing the healing process will only hurt me in the end. Ugh. Still jealous of those of you working out!
  • @morninglory530 I'm so thankful you feel the same way. I stayed active during my pregnancy I was walking 6 miles a day up until the day I had my son. And I did modified Insanity during my second tri. But I just don't feel ready. I really like the information and exercises given on this website. Maybe you will like them also:https://www.girlsgonestrong.com/returning-to-exercise-after-a-c-section/
  • edited May 2015
    @smilesallaround That is a great website! It very much affirms how I feel...the first time I drove for a long period of time, I hurt pretty bad for a few days. I'm definitely itching to be active, but I keep reminding myself that my abdominal muscles were cut in two just 6 weeks ago. I'm a very push-through-it kind of person, but I've paid for it if I've asked too much of myself. I definitely feel like I haven't really been well educated about how to care for myself in being more active and starting to "lose that baby weight" as my doctor put it yesterday...so this gives me some great ideas.

I saw this a week after I delivered and cried; I think there are a lot of cultural misconceptions about c-sections that make it even harder. You might find it helpful...
    https://www.cordmama.com/blog/2015/4/8/three-truths-about-c-section-mamas
  • I am going back to the gym in next week.
  • @morninglory530 thank you for sharing that article! I loved it and I also cried!
  • Not going to the gym, but I just started doing exercises at home and baby is hitting 2 months tomorrow. I am doing a 30 day pushup, ab, and squat challenge. Im only on day 2 and my legs feel like jello from the squats, even though I was doing squats literally up to the day I went into labor. I havent felt this out of shape in... Ever. Sticking to walking for a bit longer before I bring in jogging.
  • I cannot wait for the gym! I haven't been cleared yet but I have weights at home and will do bench and curls and some abs when I am bored and the baby is sleeping, but i am super excited to join fit4mom stroller strides so I can work out with other mommies and our babies!!!
  • Ohhh I can't wait to hit the gym!!! I started taking lo on a walk at 4 days old, about a mile maybe a little less just about everyday that it's been nice out we go but I miss running so terribly.