High-Risk Pregnancy

Hydrops

anyone else? This is my 4th pregnancy and I have 3 other healthy children. I am 17 weeks and found out this baby has hydrops fetalis. With fluid on the brain heart stomach lungs everywhere. Please post you're story if you have/had this. I need hope and real facts.

Re: Hydrops

• I know this is an older thread but I just now saw it and figured I'd post my story. At my anatomy scan we found out my baby had pleural effusion and hydrops. She had fluid in her chest around the lungs, around her brain and in her stomach. Her chest was basically half filled with fluid and her heart was pushed over completely to the wrong side. We were referred to a children's hospital and they decided it was best to place a shunt in baby's chest. That was at about 21 weeks and I'm now 30 weeks and things are looking much better! She still has some fluid around her left lung but the fluid around her brain and in her stomach has completely gone away. We still take it week by week but I try to remain positive. I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner and I hope you and your baby are doing okay!