June 2015 Moms
Options

Warning:Random stupid question inside...

Like I said this really is probably a dumb question, but I'm asking anyway...I know the date I got pregnant which makes my due date June 4th. I had an ultrasound at 9 weeks and she measured a due date of June 7th. Now I understand that 3 days means nothing and I am okay with that. But would you say you are due on the 4th or the 7th? I always say the 4th. Partly for my question is because if I decide to be indused past my due date, I'm trying to decide when. And of course I want to see how I've progressed this week (not that it makes a difference, but more dilation/effaement is better than none :) ) My doc tries to do inductions at my hospital choice on Fridays.....so I'm trying to figure out if I should do the 5th or the 12th. (The 12th feels like years away at this point). Sorry, I know it's a silly question. And I plan to actually discuss with doc at my Friday appt.

Re: Warning:Random stupid question inside...

• Options
    I think the general consensus around here is to hold off on induction without medical necessity as long as possible.
  • Options
    ElRubyElRuby member
    I really think only your doctor can answer this... They should know what date they would go on for this type of procedure.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Like I said, I will only be induced past my due date. My doc and I both agree not to go past 41 weeks (I was induced at 41 weeks with DS). And , i know the 5th is not a week past. Which, kinda makes me want to wait another week because I think if induction happens too early it leads to a longer labor. I also 100% agree with not getting induced prior to due date, unless medically necessary. Which is I why I'm curious if I should think of my due date as the 4th or the 7th. Like I said , it's a silly question, I know. Unfortunately, I plan everything and I'm just trying to mentally prepare for another week or 2 weeks (if I don't go on my own like I would prefer). I'm losing my mind with stupid random thoughts lately. Forgive me. :-S
  • Options
    klkonwiklkonwi member
  • Options
    Just...can't.. Go on *cough
  • Options
    I have no expertise on the subject but I'd think the later, you chose the better for your baby. Again, assuming there's no medical reason you'd need to go earlier
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    klkonwi said:

Truth. Lol
    Edit: reference to "bugging out"
  • Options
    Anjelyk2Anjelyk2 member
    edited May 2015
    @lilitaliangirl - Provided everything else is medically sound (which only your doc can tell you), my suggestion is go with the due date of June 7th and do the induction on June 12th if you need to.

Edited for words