Trouble TTC
Options

New Girl Just Sayin' Hi

Hi Everyone!  I had been following some posts and felt really good about joining this board.  

Quick history:  DH and I have been married for two years and have pretty much been trying the entire time.  About seven months ago we began asking questions with my OB/GYN and she had suggested a SA for DH and a HSG with bloodwork for me.  SA came back a little lower in count and motility but nothing alarming and the HSG was a little inconclusive because the catheter wouldn't go in to allow the dye to flow so it only appeared to the tech/dr that the left tube was open.  We met with a great RE and had suggested another SA and another HSG because she was not happy with the technique in the first one.  I began the progesterone again but this time had a scary reaction to it (DH found me on the floor, dizzy and loopy)...so now we are re-evaluating our game plan.  I've never had a normal cycle and have been prepared for this journey for years but it still doesn't make it any easier.  I am feeling hopeful and know things could always be worse, but so many friends are having babies and there is a small pang in my chest every time one announces a pregnancy.  

I love how there is so much support for everyone and am already thankful for anyone taking the time to read about us :)

Side note:  our house sold before we could find another so now we're moving in with my parents (should be fun trying to get pregnant there, haha), I love to cook and bake, my dog Izzie is basically like my child and I love being active.  

Re: New Girl Just Sayin' Hi

• Options
    AlyeenaAlyeena member
    Hello

I am also new here and I just wanted to say hi and welcome.

Me and my husband have been trying to conceive for 3 1/2 years. I have mild PCOS and he has low sperm count and motility. We are going to have our first IVF end of june or start of july (depending on how my cycle goes) it has been a long time waiting for this, the first time we saw or RE was over a year ago. But I am really exited!

Did your doctor suggest IUI and IVF? Or are still in the testing phases?

I know what you mean about other people getting pregnant, happens around me too and it's very hard. My husband is Italian so at least four times a year we get invitations to baby showers and baptism, because italians invite everyone to these things O.o like most of the girls I never even met them... No way I go trough this for people I don't even know!!

It's is really hard, but I keep hoping that it will be our turn soon! (And only close friends to my shower lol) Hopefully it will be your turn soon as well!!
    35 years old, TTC #1 Dec 28, 2011
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    First IVF cycle June 5th 2015 --- BFP
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    FET December 15th 2015--- BFP!
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!

Luciano Alessandro Maximiliano was born on September 3rd 2016

• Options
    Aera11Aera11 member
    Hi Alyeena!

I am excited for you!  Keep us updated on your IVF, thinking happy thoughts for you!!

We will still do another SA (scheduled for next week) and most likely another HSG; I think we just have to figure out different medication for stimulating a period.  My RE thinks we will most likely begin with IUI and Clomid.  DH and I think we'll try IUI once and then we're prepared for IVF, mentally and emotionally.  Did you try IUI?  

Yes, I am ecstatic for all my friends having babies and hope to always be that way...but in recent months its been harder.  Most of my family and close friends know what we're going through but I am not ready to go much further than that.  So far everyone's been supportive with the occasional inappropriate response.  

Best of luck to you and I hope to hear happy news :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    AlyeenaAlyeena member
    We did not try IUI no. In our case the chances are too low so we are going directly to IVF. We will hope it works on the first try of course but we are prepared to try three cycles. Since our RE said it should not take more tries than that. Hopefully there is no other problem.

The first cycle we try will be a modified IVF. That just means a lower dose of meds, I will be on Metformin. I have to do this because I am at higher chance of OHSS because I have higher than average ammount of follicules (14-15)

Our family and close friends know as well! It has made all of this so much easier. Being able to share and tell the truth. I did not want to have to lie everytime someone asked when we are having kids. It's really nice because everyone is really supportive too!

Best of luck to you too! Hope it works out on your first try with the IUI. I will think happy thoughts for you too. Do you know when you will try the IUI?
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!

• Options
    Aera11  :-)   What a scary reaction to the progesterone... was it oral or suppository?  I once swore that my oral progesterone made me feel drunk, and my OBGYN switched me to an RE, who then gave me the vaginal suppository, with no problems.

Congrats on selling your house!

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
    dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

• Options
    Aera11Aera11 member
    Best of luck @Alyeena!  I am glad you have your family & friends too :)  it would be difficult not being to share with them.  We hesitated about sharing but are so happy we did.  And you are so right, it keeps everyone from asking 'when will you have a baby'?  Which I now am so conscious of and never ask anyone that because you never know what people are going through.

@goldenkeys -- thank you!!  It was oral and yes, very scary!  We are going to go back to the Provera since I was fine on that.  Yes, it was like being very drunk!  
  • Options
    AlyeenaAlyeena member
    @Aera11 I am like that too now. I never ask anyone when they plan on having kids anymore. Not that I did too much before... maybe just with my older sister and brother. Most of my friends are not yet there so. But I figure when they are they will tell me if they want to.
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!