January 2016 Moms

Favorite foods or drinks to help with nausea

looking for some ideas of foods or drinks that help with the all day nausea. I am on my 3rd pregnancy and am experiencing this for the first time. I'm hoping to not gain more than 25lbs this pregnancy as I far exceeded that with my first 2, so any low calorie, healthy ideas would be awesome, but really if they work for you that's what I care about most. TIA!

Re: Favorite foods or drinks to help with nausea

• I've heard that ginger can help with nausea, but I haven't tried it myself (nausea hasn't really kicked in for me yet).  

For my last pregnancy I found carbs (of course, not he healthiest) and fruit to be the only appealing things when I had nausea. GL!  

(And if you try the ginger, let me know if it works) :)
    After 1.5 years TTC, IUI #2= BFP 12/2/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"And the dream that you dare to dream really do come true"

• Seltzer helps me a lot and that's 0 calories. :) Agree with PP on fruit too. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Loading the player...
  • carbs, coke (the SODA) lol, benadryl, ginger tea. 

• Saltine crackers
    Pretzels
    Gum
    Mints
    Ginger ale
    Granny Smith apples
    Water with lemon and mint

• Fruit of any kind and Carnation Instant Breakfast, sipped slowly. I put a little extra chocolate sauce in to make it richer, but it isn't required.

• Zevia ginger ale. It's all natural and tastes AMAZING.
  • Ginger ale
    Sprite
    Pretzels with peanut butter
    Graham crackers
    Hadley 3.2011 | Ali 7.2013 | Jack 1.2016
    NEW PEANUT DUE 7.2017 <3
  • Chew a cardamom. Works for me ☺
  • TRA0816TRA0816 member
    I found small snacks every few hours helps, plus I found 'healthy mama ginger drops' in the vitamin section of Walmart that help me when I can't eat!
  • Thanks! I'm going to try all these, the zevia ginger ale sounds perfect! I'm going to see if TJ's has it.
  • I can't get enough La Croix... The cherry limeade is my jam right now! The carbonation really helps, but it doesn't have any sweeteners or calories!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • LauraFiLauraFi member
    I've been eating bananas to help with the nausea, I read somewhere that they helped and it has been working for me.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DjinnaGDjinnaG member
    For some reason, malted milk balls are really working for me.  I've got the mints and the ginger candies, too, but it's the leftover Robin Eggs from Easter that are the best fix, both for speed of killing the queasy, and killing it deader than the others.  I haven't had it bad yet, though, so can't say if it helps with anything beyond the queasy feeling.
    IUD removed 2/13/14
    BFP #1 5/23/14, blighted ovum discovered at 7 wks, Cytotec for missed miscarriage at 8 wks 6/26/14
    BFP #2 4/30/15, heartbeat gone at 8 wks, missed miscarriage again, Cytotec didn't work, D&C 6/12/15
    Biopsy discovered was a partial molar pregnancy, on BC for 6 month wait and test
    Trying again with Follistim/HCG trigger shots beginning January 2016
  • This isn't a food or drink item, but over the weekend DH bought lemon essential oil for our diffuser. He is a dr. and said that there is research to show that smelling lemon curbs nausea. I was super skeptical, but it worked for me!! The nausea is not completely gone, but VERY reduced!
  • Ginger tea!!!!
  • Lemons have also been my best bet! Smelling them, putting them in my water...whatever.  I was skeptical when I heard but now I even carry around lemon scented hand sanitizer lol