Blended Families

Facebook friends?

Are you friend with your SOs ex on Facebook? 

My Dh's ex added me and I'm not sure how I feel about that. 

Re: Facebook friends?

• Nope, never gonna happen.
    No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.

• I don't think its a good idea.  Probably best to keep some boundaries.  I wouldn't accept it.  Especially if there have been conflicts in the past with her.  FB tends to bring on more conflicts in my experience.

• Loading the player...
  • BM and I were FB friends for a little while but I deleted her after she started talking crap about DH to me.  It was like she thought b/c we were FB friends that we were actual friends in real life and she could vent to me which was not going to happen.  I actually blocked her when I deleted her so that we can't see each others posts.  Has taken a lot of stress out of my life as silly as that sounds.  I just wouldn't even open that door if I were you, saves you having to delete her if things go south.
  • Either she's trying to be friendly or she wants to snoop.

I think it all depends on your BF dynamic. 

BD & I have a pretty good co-parenting relationship, but I would never be FB friends with him or anyone in his family. While things are good now, they were very contentious for several years, and I just don't want to open up that door. We have separate lives, and if it weren't for our child we wouldn't still be connected as we are such different people. I don't want to have to think "Do I want BD seeing this?" before I post a status/picture/etc.

Are you guys on good terms with BM? Do you see any good coming from being FB friends with BM? (i.e. a more positive co-parenting relationship, BM posting incriminating things that help with your custody care, etc.) My initial reaction would be "No way!" but I know that some people find benefits from being FB friends with their X/SO's X.
  • No freaking way. We both have her blocked. And yet she still finds ways to snoop and look at our profiles.
  • I would accept but put her on limited. I'm not great about this now but I'm trying to work on just posting things I wouldn't care if they were public because my SS is 10 and will have his own account and access to ours in a few years...I'm sure he will be sharing that with Bm.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nope. She has never tried to add me but almost everyone in her group has. I have them all blocked now. lol