Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Rocker throughout the night

So I got the fisher price rock n play snuga monkey and I was wondering what are your thoughts on a baby sleeping in this all night. I don't think it's safe due to some articles I've read but some people say it's fine. I'm still pregnant and want to hear from young infant mothers. Thanks

Re: Rocker throughout the night

• My LO started sleeping in a rnp from week 1 to now at week 10. It's great.

Surprise! Baby #2 EDD 7/28/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My daughter slept in a RnP for the first 4 months and it was awesome. Wish I had one for my first kid.
  • Loading the player...
  • My pediatrician said a RNP is fine to sleep in for up to 6 weeks. She said after that, it could cause baby's head to get flat due to baby's positioning.
  • akaniniakanini member
    Thanks for responding, guys!!
  • My pediatrician said a RNP is fine to sleep in for up to 6 weeks. She said after that, it could cause baby's head to get flat due to baby's positioning.

This can happen anywhere a baby is on the back of their head a lot.
  • My DD is 3 weeks and is sleeping pretty well at night in the RNP.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• jwan21jwan21 member
    We had our DD in hers until about 5 1/2 weeks. She slept well and it was nice to have her in the room with us.
  • I've read negative articles about it too and am a little nervous about it. However, my baby has reflux and spits up any time he is flat on his back. We've kept him in the rock n play to sleep since he was born (7 weeks now) to keep his head elevated. Friends have said their pediatricians say it's perfectly fine.
  • I've read negative articles about it too and am a little nervous about it. However, my baby has reflux and spits up any time he is flat on his back. We've kept him in the rock n play to sleep since he was born (7 weeks now) to keep his head elevated. Friends have said their pediatricians say it's perfectly fine.

My pedi said it was too. RnP's are especially good for reflux babies.
  • My LO is 3 weeks and has been sleeping in it for a week now. It helps her sleep better I think. Haven't asked the dr about it but I know several people who have had their babies use it to sleep- esp helps with reflux.
    ***BFP warning***
    Me (36) and  DH (34) married August 2010
    TTC since January 2010
    HSG in July 2011 found uterine polyps
    Surgery Sept 2011 to remove polyps
    Tried Clomid (monitored) Oct-Feb 2012
    Consult with RE April 2012
    Diagnosis ~ unexplained infertility
    May 2012 IUI-BFN 
    April 2014- IVF consult with RE
    May 2014- baseline~21 follicles, High FSH and estradiol
    IVF #1 Aug 2014~Lupron trigger protocol (Gonal-F, Menopur, Cetrotide)
    Stimmed for 9 days, trigger on 8/20~ 32-36 follicles seen, 16 measured on each side
    ER~ 8/22 ~ 36 follicles retrieved! 21 Mature, 17 ISCI'd
    8/27~Day 5 transfer of 2 BB blasts, 1 to freeze
    9/9~ BFP!! Beta #1- 978
    9/11~ Beta #2- 1965
    9/15~ Beta #3-7480
    1st ultrasound 9/24

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage