Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

introduction

Hi I'm new to this board, I'm almost 29 and I have a 3 year old daughter. We where excited to get pregnant we were going to grow are family. I was 8 weeks roughly last Wednesday went in to have my 8 week appointment my first appointment and in the appointment the doctor couldn't get a well enough angle to see anything, so he had me have my hcg levels checked and I was to go back in friday to have them draw blood again. I knew something wasn't right from the ultrasound and I had kinda wondered earlier on since my legs and feet swell so much in such a short amount of time, but I had that with my daughter just not as bad. Anyways I go to work Wednesday night (I work graveyard shift) after spending all day dreaming I was going to miscarry and waking up to smelling blood but no sight of it at home. I go to the bathroom at work and there's light blood I tell my self it's just from the ultra sound, but as the night went on it didn't stop so I go home cause I'm pretty sure I'm going to miscarry, call the doctor and he tells me that unless I'm feeling up 2 maxi pads and hour for two hours or if I get a fever to basically just let things happen and call in the morning to check in with the nurse. I spent most my time just trying to relax, Friday I go in to have my blood drawn by that point I know I'm misscarring cause I've had small clots and by Friday at 10pm I passed the baby and hopefully everything else. I have to call my doctor Tuesday morning to set up a appointment following up the miscarriage since Monday was a holiday. I'm to a point now that I'm trying to look on the positive side of things. Also really wanting to have sex but have read many places to wait till bleeding stops. And my bleeding is pissing me off cause it will stop I'll go all day or most the day not a sight of blood then I sleep and there's the blood it just reminds me of what happened but also I can't have sex so it's frustrating me. Thought i would tell my story sorry if I ramble a little bit. How long does the bleeding last anyways? I know each person is different but it really needs to stop :/

Re: introduction

• I understand all the feelings you described with regard to the bleeding and it being a reminder and the frustration, as I felt them too. (((HUGS))) As far as bleeding it can vary vastly. With my first (late, second tri) loss I bled on and off for about a month. This time I had a D&C and bleeding lasted 16 days, including spotting days. We waited about 2 weeks to DTD as my doc said to wait a week, unless I was still bleeding, and if I was to wait one more week or until bleeding stopped... whichever came first. I had been spotting for about 2 days prior, so not full flow, and it had been about two weeks so we went for it. Just a heads up- take it easy for awhile even after you can DTD. Maybe it is because I had a D&C, but I am CD 21 and I am still kinda sensitive down there. The first time we DTD I felt kinda raw and crampy after and I had to work to control depth because it hurt if he got too deep. We DTD yesterday and not raw or crampy after but still had to control depth. Not to the same degree as the first time but still tender for sure :/ So make so you talk to your partner and let him know that you need to set the pace and such.... may not be an issue but better to plan for an issue and not have one than to go full throttle right off the bat and regret it! Welcome and I am sorry for your loss (((HUGS)))
    Kristie
    Mom to 2 earth angels (2006,2010) and 2 angels in heaven (2009- 20w 5d; cause unknown, 2015- 7w4d; trisomy 22).
    imageimage

• I am sorry for your loss. I had a d&c and I spotted on and off, like you said some days nothing then the next day spotting. It seems to have finally stopped for good when my hormones geared up for ovulation exactly 14 days after the procedure. I was using OPK and bleeding stopped when I started getting flashing smiley face. It was a long two weeks and I know some people bleed longer, some less. Hang in there!!