Success after IF

5-19 Momma Check-In

Good evening fellow mommas! 

This is the tenth week of our new check-in for mommas on this board
that just want to feel connected, bond, and connect with each other!  Check-ins will be on Tuesdays (but sometimes I miss a week or there because of being a busy momma). 

Sorry had another crazy week! 

Any updates?  What is going on?

QOTW:
What's your favorite thing about being a momma? 

@mrs.AmyDylan
@CWhitaker27
@hopeby2015 
@CarrieB.
@Mayzie15
@mnj05   
@Maladroit   
@kfdecarie
@1983Lindsey2

Me:
30, DH: 32
My hx:  uterus/hormones normal Dx: low AMH 0.5 = poor ovarian reserve
hubby hx: low sperm count, poor motility, started on clomid, retest in May showed no improvement, will be on clomid another 3 months, another retest scheduled for August

Started IVF #1:  ~BFP Mentioned~
  • ER (Thursday April 17th, 3 precious eggs).
  • April 18th: Received news 2 out of 3 eggs fertilized!
  •  Planned 3dt: Easter day, transferred two 8B embryos and received pictures :)
  • BFP starting 8dp3dt 5/1 Beta #1: 87, 5/3 Beta #2 206 
  • 5/19 Heartbeat 123bpm
  • EDD 1/8/15

Re: 5-19 Momma Check-In

• dp21dp21 member
    Hey ladies,

Sorry for skipping a week again.  Life has been crazy, we celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary, mother's day, and will be celebrating my birthday in a couple of days.  School is kicking my a**.  I had this standard pt modules to do that ended up taking me 10 hours to complete, plus over 100 pages of reading, had 8 hours of class today, and I'm working 20 hours a week with a baby.  It's kinda crazy.  Today I learned how to do a prostate exam woohoo :P  So I'm working everyday starting tomorrow through the holiday, except my bday and will have to study all that day for exam due by memorial day (probably will take before work).  I literally have no free time.  Baby is now 4.5 months and still not taking bottle well, leaving her gives me anxiety and she now cries for me when I leave for work and it makes me cry on way to work.  I'm just stressed a lot right now.  Have a ton on my plate.  Part of me thinks I should just stay home, but probably wouldn't be best career move.  I'm still trying to get 12s to cut down a day of work.  Anyway, miss you guys, sorry I've been MIA. 

QOTW:
    Right now, I just love all the baby cuddles and laughs and her innocence.  It is just so sweet and tugs at my heart strings. 

Me:
    hubby hx: low sperm count, poor motility, started on clomid, retest in May showed no improvement, will be on clomid another 3 months, another retest scheduled for August

• 5/19 Heartbeat 123bpm
    • EDD 1/8/15

• happy anniversary @dp21

I can't believe we're wrapping up A's final week of preschool. She has her show and "graduation" on Thursday and a picnic on Friday. Tomorrow night DH and I are going to see Book of Mormon, so I'm really excited about that!

Favorite thing about being a mom- right now it's when both my kids are snuggly at night and I'm rocking them both and singing and nursing I. She will sometimes try to hold A's hand. It's so freaking cute. Of course tonight was all meltdowns and crying, but whatever. 
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• Loading the player...
  • mnj05mnj05 member
    DH was diagnosed with a brain condition (chiari 1 malformation) last week, found it because of a headache that knocked him down. We met with a neurosurgeon yesterday who doesn't think surgery is necessary so we're taking a wait and see approach. DH's headache is almost gone, today marks a week since he's had it. He could not move for two days without the pain radiating throughout his body.

H is doing well, he got to spend the day with his cousin yesterday and had a blast! He's learning new phrases all the time and is becoming quite the character. Pregnancy wise I'm doing well. I've been having small bouts of contractions here and there but nothing crazy. I actually have an appointment tomorrow then I'll start my internal checks. Stress was high last week but it's gone way down, I just have to make it through the next week and a half then school is out and I can slow down a bit.

QOTW - the sweet moments are my favorite; saying love you, stopping his madness to give me a random hug or kiss, laying with me when he's tired. I'll miss those terribly when he decides he gets too old for it.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• mnj05mnj05 member
    @dp21 - your life is crazy! I don't know how you're doing it! I'm sorry the bottle still isn't working out. Hang in there!

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• @dp21 life sounds super crazy! what are you going to school for again?

@mnj05 so sorry to hear about your DH. I'm glad he's startingvto feel better and most likely won't need surgery. This is the last thing your family needs with a baby on the way. Praying for continued good health for your family!

I ran the half marathon i'd been training for on Mother's Day! I was happy with my time even though I didn't quite make my goal. DH and I just got back from an awesome music festival in Las Vegas and this weekend we celebrate our 7 year wedding anniversary! DS is finally loving preschool since starting back in Sept. And DD is crawling and cruising all over the place! I seriously don't remeber this stage being so stressful and having to chase my child 24/7 with DS.

QOTW: The best thing about being a mama is those unexpected moments where your kids just surprise you by the kind or smart things they do or say.
    Just last night after dinner I gave DS some mango sorbet for dessert while DD was still sitting in her high chair and I was doing dishes. I look over and DS is feeding DD his sorbet and "inviting" her to his birthday party.. Which is in July ha! It was just one of those precious mama moments.
    image DS 7.6.2011 TTC#2
  • dp21dp21 member
    @Cwhitaker27 Family nurse practitioner.  I've been in program 2 years taking all bs classes.  Last two years is hardcore, clinicals, diagnosing, and I'm in my first real class assessment right now. 

Me:

• 5/19 Heartbeat 123bpm
    • EDD 1/8/15

• Not much going on here! I have about 2.5 weeks until my IVF appointment to TTC #2.  I will find out what tests I need to redo and when I can get going on it. I am hoping to start this summer.  Other than that, not much is new here.  I think my LO is having teething issues again.  He is 8.5 months old and now has 8 teeth, but I think more are on their way. He has been fussy with a runny nose, but otherwise seems fine.  We shall see.....   Mama needs a good night sleep!!

@MnJ05  How scary!!  Keep us updated.  I hope he feels better soon and that it is nothing serious.  T&Ps

QOTW: I love when I go in to get him up for the day and I go in singing this same stupid song I made up and he just smiles and is so happy to see me.  He loves my dump song and just squeals and is so happy.  It starts off my day so great.  :) 
    ~~ All Welcome~~
    ME: 32, SER aggregates on eggs, anovulatory
    DH:  33, 2% morphology
    TTC #1 
    2 clomid cycles, 3 hybrid clomid/bravelle IUI's = 4 BFN/1 CP@ 5.5 weeks
    IUI #6 -Follitism IUI cycle converted to IVF and back to IUI-4 mature, 3 maybe mature = BFP!!   DS Born 9/2014
    TTC#2 
    IVF #1 9/15 Antagonist- 19 R 1F (Frozen day 1 @ 2PN stage) Diagnosed with SER aggregates in 13/19 eggs after failed fertilization
    IVF #2 11/15 Antagonist w/ICSI  (Higher stims & Letrosole added last minute on stim day 7)- 39R, 24M (20/24 SER free), 15F (14/15 SER free & all frozen @ 2PN stage) 
    FET#1 Cultured all 16- 2pn embryos to day 5- transferred 1 good hatching blast and 1 early blast on 1/28- None to freeze - beta 2/5

• Hey everyone, I've been super busy, too so I get it...so much so that I'm JUST NOW getting a moment to get on TB. We are so close to moving into the new house, yet there is still so much to get done.  I'm working 7 out of 8 nights in a row...eek.  Only 4 more shifts until moving day, though so YAY! for that, then I have about 2 weeks off to get settled in the new place and then it'll be little man's first birthday party (is it July yet?).
    Time is flying over here.
    QOTW: My absolute favorite part is everything. The tantrums, the hugs, the new stuff he says/does, the changes, the smiles, buying the clothes, changing the clothes, watching him sleep, holding him, getting thrown up on, peed on, the exhaustion, going to the park...seriously EVERYTHING!  I wanted the opportunity to have a child of my own and raise him in the best possible way (that I never had) that even the stuff most moms hate, I am so thankful for.  I can't put it any other way and I get that not everyone feels this way or thinks moms shouldn't feel this way, but I do.  I'm not sorry for it either.  He's the best decision I've ever made and I worked darn hard to get him and keep him and I couldn't be happier (unless I could change my job)!
    Egg Retrieval - Feb. 2013 -> OHSS.  FET#1 - June 2013(failed). FET#2 - October 2013(success!) Griffin Alistair: 6#10oz 20" long, born 6/19/14 @ 4:04am