October 2015 Moms
Options

hairstyles

Okay Mommas! Since We Are Pregnant During TheSummer AndWe Have Amazing Fast Growing Hair. How Many OfYou Are Going To Cut It AndWho Is Going To See How Long It Gets :)

Re: hairstyles

• Options
    justyhjustyh member
    I have been debating whether or not I should chop it all because it would just be easier to maintain since I have naturally curly hair, but I straightened it last night & it is almost to my butt! So confused now lol
  • Options
    CEB37CEB37 member
    I keep mine to the middle of my back. It has a lot of layers. I like that I can just whip it up into a bun or a ponytail when I'm busy, but like it long for when I'm dressed up!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love this post! I have been looking all over Pinterest at different hair styles, lengths, and colors. My sister who has strawberry blonde hair just added some purple to the very ends and I thought it was crazy, but she sent me a pic and it's adorable. It's not her whole head! Just little bits here and there. And she's 17 so it works. Ha ha

But anyway, I too have an internal struggle whether to grow long and luscious or crop is short. Hmmm! I can tell you I'm planning on buying a new flat iron at the very least. My hair is naturally very curly and it beautiful the rare day I straighten it. (Short hair would be easier to straighten!)
  • Options
    I usually chop my hair pretty short every year or so and I'm getting that itch right about now. But we're getting married next summer and I want it to be long for that.

Prepregnancy my hair wouldn't have a chance of growing in time and I haven't noticed much improvement in my hair. It might be a touch thicker but it was so fine before that that isn't saying much.
  • Options
    I'm growing out my pixie...or trying to. But I just found a really cute style and my sister does hair so it's very temping. I just don't want to look like I have a mullet for my maternity pictures. Also I was thinking of coloring it a grayish-silver color.
  • Options
    I've always loved my hair in an a-line but I color it white blonde and sometimes I'll put some purple or blue in it :)
  • Options
    I think I am the only one who's hair doesn't seem to be growing!! Ugh :(
  • Options
    I had to cut mine for a show I was doing back in March.  I cut it up to my ears in a little bob and it's already back to my shoulders.  I'm hoping it grows long again soon- I miss the long and wavy look!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    During my first pregnancy, DH's guy friends all had wives who were having babies just before me. They were all going for the short "mom cut" when their babies arrived, and I realized that the look just wasn't for me. I've kept my hair long (past mid-back) for years and will do the same throughout this pregnancy unless some wild thoughts creep into my head and I just must cut my hair (which can happen). I think a lot of women cut their hair short for ease of getting themselves together for the day, but I'm a bun/ponytail person, so I'd rather have more to work with!

• Options
    nsaid4u said:

I will never cut my hair...after 3 children i have vowed i would never become one of those women who chops off all her hair once becoming a mother. I will keep my long hair till i am an old granny with a long braid or bun. :)

Ditto !! You see many moms cut their hair short ! I couldn't bare to cut mine, trim it but never cut short !!
  • Options
    I had been growing out my hair for the past three years, because I've always wanted my long hair back. Growing up, I always had long hair and in college, I had a pretty short cut. I decided since I'm going to be pregnant throughout the summer, I cut my hair into a medium angled bob. This way I can still pull up my hair, but also still have the option of cute styles with hair off my neck.
  • Options
    I just cut mine into a long bob, its not short at all but it's short for me. I donated my length though, its the only way i can feel better about cutting it.
    Search long bobs on Pintrest. I think they are a good in between and they are really popular right now.
  • Options
    I shaved my head for charity a little over a year ago, so I am definitely enjoying the growth spurt pregnancy has provided. I am at a very awkward stage right now, not quite pixie, not quite bob, so I am getting a trim to give it some shape. Other than that I am not going to touch it. As long as it's growing, I'm happy!
  • Options
    Letting it grow. It was really long so I cut it off (chin length) last summer and was not a fan. Fortunately I've always had fast growing hair so it's coming back nice and quick.
    Oct15 October Siggy Challenge: Maternity Costumes
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  Image and video hosting by TinyPic  Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I Decided To Get It Cut A Little Shorter. I Bleached My Hair In December Nd Now It Just Looks Sad. I've Always Had Fast Growing Hair And This Is Super Sonic Speed!! I Need To Rid Myself Of This Dead Blonde
  • Options

During my first pregnancy, DH's guy friends all had wives who were having babies just before me. They were all going for the short "mom cut" when their babies arrived, and I realized that the look just wasn't for me. I've kept my hair long (past mid-back) for years and will do the same throughout this pregnancy unless some wild thoughts creep into my head and I just must cut my hair (which can happen). I think a lot of women cut their hair short for ease of getting themselves together for the day, but I'm a bun/ponytail person, so I'd rather have more to work with!

I get the "must get a haircut" thought too! It happens so suddenly and then it's ll I can think of til I do it. I've had short hair since h.s. and love it. I've tried to grow it out before but (a) it just doesn't look good past chin length and (b) I feel way more confident with short hair.

• Options
    I did the post wedding chop... So now it's time for the hormonal "let it grow" ! I'm sure there will be plenty of time for the mom chop in the future. (although I'm loving this current Bob look too)
  • Options

I think I am the only one who's hair doesn't seem to be growing!! Ugh :(

You aren't the only one! I have rather fine hair and was looking forward to quickly growing out my pixie cut, if only for the entertainment of seeing if it's true that a woman's hair grows so fast during pregnancy. Much to my dismay, I've seen little difference thus far. Perhaps somewhere in the next 20 weeks we will finally see some sort of a change...
  • Options
    I normally keep my hair in what I think is called a "lob"... long bob. My stylist likes to cut it in a slight a-line and the front comes just past my collarbones. I have semi-curly hair so it works when i wear it down and it's long enough to put in a low ponytail.

However, I'm actually growing my hair out right now so it's longer when I'm on maternity leave. My hair is actually a bit easier to deal with when it's a few inches longer because I can just throw it up in a bun without having to pin it like I do when it's a bit shorter (like I do right now). Since I will mostly just be around the house, I will be rocking a bun most days :)

I will most likely keep it longer while I'm on maternity leave and then go back to my normal length when I go back to work.
  • Options
    I change my hair style all the time and I always have.  Yesterday I got it cut short again with a little longer on one side and a shaved undercut.  It's a little edgy compared to the inverted bob I have had for a good year but I love it and it's fun for summer. 

• Options
    kim1228kim1228 member
    This is my current struggle!! I always LOVE my hair about chin length...and have it set to be cut next week (its growing to that awkward in-between length). I never regret getting it cut short, but now with the summer humidity, and it would be SO much easier to just pull it up in a pony...I can't decide! 

I don't want to grow it out just to pull it up every day, if I cut it short I'll be "forced" to make it look nice haha! Oh decisions decisions... oh and I hate the length it is now and will be for the next couple inches...but if I hold out and make it to a medium length hair, I may be happier when the baby comes and it is an easier maintenance cut. 
  • Options
    I'm chopping six inches off as soon as I can... But it will still be a few inches below my shoulders. Haha. I want to keep it that long because when my hair is short I actually have to style it and goodness knows how often that will happen with two small children.
  • Options
    My hair is rather fine and thin and I usually let it grow to about my mid back before trimming it to my shoulders and giving it some shape with light layers. It usually starts to break when it gets too long. Pregnancy hasn't really done anything to my hair, other than make it a bit more oily (my nails look amazing, though!). Thinking about getting it cut for summer, probably a long bob. 
  • Options
    elmann1elmann1 member
    Right before I got pregnant I cut my hair into a bob (right at my chin) and it was cute for a week, then it just poofed right up. This entire pregnancy I've felt like a fat boy. Its barely grown out to the tops of my shoulders finally, but I wont ever be cutting my hair this short again. It doesn't work for me?! I have really thick, wavy hair. I've been in the in-between stage of hair growth for 20 weeks and I can't wait for it to grow out long!