Babies on the Brain
Options

Fun Pre-baby Activities

Ok so I don't post much cause I'm very new to the scene and don't wanna go saying the wrong thing but this has been on my mind lately.

What are some things everyone should do before getting pregnant?  I have already kicked the pill and Doc cleared me to start trying on my next cycle but having this baby will of course make life very different.  I want to know what everyone else thinks we should do before we welcome a baby.  Excluding the lavish vacations around the world (we don't have a lot of extra money haha)

A little bit about us:
I turn 26 next month, Hubby is 26
We've been together for 7 years, Married for 2 1/2
We have two cats and getting a Bernese mountain dog next week
Just bought our first house in October
After having baby fever for the past year we are finally on the same page and are financially in a good spot.  Hubby is so excited to be a dad and I can't wait to be a new mother.  <3

Re: Fun Pre-baby Activities

• Options
    My husband and I created a baby bucket list, but some of the things we find fun might not carry over for other people...

Go skydiving.
    Do beer/wine/cider/liquor tours and get a little snobby. 
    Have friends over for a horror video game marathon through a weekend. These are twice as fun as movies since you're controlling the protagonist! Eat nothing but junk food and Dew for this event.
    Have a family portrait of just the two of us.
    Go camping as much as we can this summer.
    Have a Marvel movie marathon weekend.
    Go to a comic book convention. Maybe even go in costume?!
    See Niagara Falls. (hubby's main priority)
    Go through the pre-baby food bucket list. 
    Do a "trash the dress" by playing paintball with bridesmaids.
    Go to a super fancy restaurant that's not "family friendly."
    Have one, last big party with lots of people.

These are all small goals, but we imagine we'd have trouble doing them with a toddler.

• Options
    One thing I wish I had done before TTC is have a boudior portrait session. 2 kids later with stretch marks, my body never went back to the way it was. Some are lucky and bounce back, others not so much.

Definitely enjoy travel, dates, eating out, drinking alcohol, read books, watch rated R movies, walking around naked in the house, have sex everywhere in the house. These are things that are harder to do after kids.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Before the baby comes- movies! that's something we miss most, going out for sushi (that is if you like it very much like me :) ) wine tasting. Staying up late just to watch TV on the weekends and waking up whenever. Go out for brunch with friends or just you two (brunch is pretty impossible for us now). Simple things- enjoy grocery shopping on your own, leaving the house and entering the house without taking a stroller or a hysterical baby and 3 heavy bags ( diaper bag, your bag, his toys or extra stuff... bouncer, feeding seat etc). Get nails done, enjoy you time, or get your hair done.

Before being pregnant- Enjoy eating and drinking all the things you shouldn't while pregnant. Go hiking, biking, any kind of serious physical activity you usually or always wanted to do. Go to the beach and sit out in the sun for as long as you want (I think it depends how far along you are, but technically your not supposed to sit out in the sun much while pregnant). Enjoy a hot bath or Jacuzzi. Go to the mall- walk around for as long as you want- try on lots of nice skinny cloths and enjoy your pre-pregnancy body because it aint coming back for a while...at least! Go out with friends, see all of them if you can, because you may not see them for a while- you get very tired while pregnant and some women go through other things that makes it difficult to get out much. If your fine then see them more also while pregnant because it will be even more difficult after baby comes.