November 2015 Moms

Diaper Bag!

hey ladies! Have been thinking about diaper bags. Has anyone found one that they love? I want one that is a solid color, probably black that goes with everything and is not too juvenile. After all, I am the one carrying- not my baby. Also I want something my husband will carry without feeling weird.
Love the Marc by Marc Jacobs one. Was also thinking of going really simple and doing a back pack. But what about the zippers?

Re: Diaper Bag!

• Nov152Nov152 member
    I don't know if this is the Marc Jacobs one you are referring to but I have it and i LOVE it. It's big and I like that it doesn't look like a diaper bag. It can be used as a bag just for you after baby
  • maura+cmaura+c member
    I have my Tori Burch plain black and it does go with everything. It's big and looks nothing like a diaper bag. I absolutely love the one your referring to too! You have to be absolutely in love with your diaper bag because it turns into your purse and you'll need to carry it everywhere. Good luck in finding one you love
  • Loading the player...
  • I LOVE jujube. But they're expensive and was definitely a splurge. After 5 kids though, I still vote for them. They are machine washable, sturdy, cutest patterns and really well designed. If you have the budget to buy yourself something special, I would recommend it, but...it's still just a diaper bag. Any of them get the job done :)
  • LSRooLSRoo member
    edited May 2015
    I have a Vera Bradley one (awesome- no complaints) but I am thinking about splurging on a jujube!!
  • CEB37CEB37 member
    I have a Kate Spade Stevie bag. I've used it through 2 babies and love it. I'll probably buy something similar this time around. I love the Marc Jacobs one!
  • Someone posted about getting a Jujube bag quite a bit ago. She took some heat about the cost (close to the $200 mark), I also thought holy crap that's quite a bit for a baby bag. But then I looked into them... needless to say I'm on the Jujube bandwagon now.
  • MjsternMjstern member
    I have a black Kate Spafe bag that's awesomeness tons of space!
  • I just got a jujube. My sis in law mother of 3 recommended. They have a style that is tophandle/messenger/backpack. The gold hardware is so pretty and think that one comes in blk. Machine washable as well!
  • Hey like I said...we all deserve a splurge :) might as well be something that you're going to take everywhere every time you leave!! The bff is a perfect bag. (It has the top handle/one strap/backpack options) obviously it's very diaper bag like, not so much a purse but it's a good one! I have 5 different ones...that's the one I would recommend for a newborn that will last and work great. The be prepared is massive. I used it for a newborn and a toddler and I cloth diapered. It's super big. Fantastic if you need it but for one peanut, I'd go with the bff. That's what I'll primarily be using this time around. Of course, there are tons of other great bags out there! This one is just the only one I know about ;) and hey, some girls just like their bags!!
  • Thanks so much ladies!!! I hadn't heard of jujube. Will look up. Appreciate the suggestions!
  • I love my petunia pickle bottom (glazed boxy backpack). I've had it for 5 years and will continue to use it for this baby.
  • I use a Vera Bradley too I dont love it, but I live in IN so EVERYONE carries Vera. (Vera Bradley is made in the city I live)
  • JLW0504JLW0504 member
    DH and I have our own diaper bags. I have a black and green Eddie Bauer messenger bag from Target and DH has a gray backpack from BRU.
    photo 978af5ba-08bb-4481-86d8-3ab82265c5c3_zpsc80d6cf2.jpg div align="center">photo f1bdfba8-890a-4221-be22-61d4a9f99eee_zps89ebc57e.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have a Timi and Leslie bag that I love. It doesn't look like a diaper bag but has tons of room.

My husband has a basic black Eddie Bauer messenger style one that he keeps on his truck and it's got what he needs when they go out. A lot of times he just takes mine because it is nice.
  • Pontot31 said:

I have a Timi and Leslie bag that I love. It doesn't look like a diaper bag but has tons of room.

Another Timi & Leslie vote. Aside from how cute it is, I love that it has all sorts of partitions inside so you can easily stay organized. It also came w tons of useful stuff - changing pad, wristlet for you, insulated bottle carrier etc.

BabyGaga

• Pontot31 said:

I have a Timi and Leslie bag that I love. It doesn't look like a diaper bag but has tons of room.

Another Timi & Leslie vote. Aside from how cute it is, I love that it has all sorts of partitions inside so you can easily stay organized. It also came w tons of useful stuff - changing pad, wristlet for you, insulated bottle carrier etc.
    I love the wristlet! I carried it to a wedding last summer.
  • I want the Ju-Ju-Be B.F.F. in First Lady. I have read rave reviews about these bags and the print is classy and gender neutral to use for more than one child. Also, my husband won't complain about carrying around which is a huge plus! :) Its pricy but I know I will use it til it falls apart and Im hoping that the price will go down once its not on their New Arrivals list.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I found a pink polka dot Kate Spade that I plan on purchasing. I'd rather spend the extra money for something that will last through a pregnancy or two and that I love. I decided from beginning to get something I love as like others have said it will replace my purse for a while. Hubs is planning on getting his own bag (khaki or black) as well that he can take when I'm not there. Will have to look up the Jujube that everyone is talking about before final purchase. Actually hoping hubs surprises me with it- I saved to his Amazon wish list!
  • I also found $30-70 back pack diaper bags in grays, oranges, etc that fit DH's comfort zone at Target and Burlington. IDK how they cimpare to the others mentioned, but they do have more convenient pockets than a traditional backpack. Only priblem for us, my mom already went and bought us a cutsie animal print one.
  • I got the same juju bag in navy and ivory. So cute and can't wait to use. I doubt the price will go down, this has been popular since it came out in March and they were actually out of stock in the blk white stripe at one point and then got more in recently. Maybe in the winter when the 'seasonal' patterns slow down but I doubt before then. I know they do have your colorway I think at buy buy baby. While you can't use the coupon on ju ju be, you can register for it and then if you don't get it you get 10% off after you shower date on anything on there including regularly excluded coupon items. That could be a way to save a little. Either way I look at it as an investment :-) I read other people with the cheaper bags have gone through 3 until they got this one!
  • I love skip hop versa diaper bag (https://m.target.com/p/skip-hop-versa-expandable-diaper-bag-black/-/A-13025466?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=google_pla_df&LNM=13025466&CPNG=Baby&kpid=13025466&LID=9pgs&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=13025466&kpid=13025466&gclid=CM-N2rib4sUCFZSDfgodGUYAQg)

Lots of zippers, spacious. Planning on using it for both kids when LO comes.

Personally i cant justify spending money on designer disper bags. I've left mine sitting in a dand in playgrpund, stuffed in between stroller and other crap in my car, food/juice spilled in it. It took quiet a beating ! I wouldnt want it to happen to a designer bag i shelled out hundreds of dollars for
  • I've got a Columbia bag in black. It expands for when you need more. I love it cause I can fit baby's stuff plus my older sons things as well. We will see how it works when this third one comes! Might be getting my oldest his own bag to keep in the vehicle.
    image BabyFruit Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • dmizakdmizak member
    I don't have a specific bag in mind, but get a backpack. It is soooooo much easier when you're trying to carry baby and the diaper bag, the backpack won't fall off your shoulder. My husband is also much more willing to carry that than a shoulder bag.
  • urby87urby87 member
    I'm pretty much settled on the Ju-ju-be Hobobe.
  • olga1311 said:
    I love skip hop versa diaper bag (https://m.target.com/p/skip-hop-versa-expandable-diaper-bag-black/-/A-13025466?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=google_pla_df&LNM=13025466&CPNG=Baby&kpid=13025466&LID=9pgs&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=13025466&kpid=13025466&gclid=CM-N2rib4sUCFZSDfgodGUYAQg) Lots of zippers, spacious. Planning on using it for both kids when LO comes. Personally i cant justify spending money on designer disper bags. I've left mine sitting in a dand in playgrpund, stuffed in between stroller and other crap in my car, food/juice spilled in it. It took quiet a beating ! I wouldnt want it to happen to a designer bag i shelled out hundreds of dollars for
    That looks amazing and is an amount I don't mind spending since I won't mind bringing it to work with my pump inside.  I can't find it in myself to justify spending a couple hundred dollars on a purse (even an incredibly useful one) when I'll be out of work/income for a couple of months on maternity leave. 
    June Siggy Challenge image
  • dmizak said:

I don't have a specific bag in mind, but get a backpack. It is soooooo much easier when you're trying to carry baby and the diaper bag, the backpack won't fall off your shoulder. My husband is also much more willing to carry that than a shoulder bag.

Not a backpack fan because it's always behind you in you need something out of it. I prefer cross body though for the same reason you mentioned. I have a couple of smaller ones I got on Zulily that are open at the top. They are perfect to reach straight in and grab what you need while still holding the baby.
  • Oh man, am I the only one who only used a diaper bag for like 3 months? I hated lugging around a extra thing. I do carry big purses though... I almost bought a really expensive one but chickened out. Really glad I did. Looks like I'm in the minority though.
  • JeenyusJeenyus member
    I plan to use my Lululemon Triumphant Tote.  It's been my yoga bag for the past three years and still looks brand new.  I've seen quite a few posts online of it being used as a diaper bag, so I plan to give it a try : )

• Get a bag that you love and get a "dad" bag for DH. Mine got his at the army navy store (obviously not a diaper bag) and it has a ton of pockets and is khaki colored. We just keep both stocked for easy access.
  • VexyMommy said:

olga1311 said:

I love skip hop versa diaper bag (https://m.target.com/p/skip-hop-versa-expandable-diaper-bag-black/-/A-13025466?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=google_pla_df&LNM=13025466&CPNG=Baby&kpid=13025466&LID=9pgs&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=13025466&kpid=13025466&gclid=CM-N2rib4sUCFZSDfgodGUYAQg)

Lots of zippers, spacious. Planning on using it for both kids when LO comes.

Personally i cant justify spending money on designer disper bags. I've left mine sitting in a dand in playgrpund, stuffed in between stroller and other crap in my car, food/juice spilled in it. It took quiet a beating ! I wouldnt want it to happen to a designer bag i shelled out hundreds of dollars for

That looks amazing and is an amount I don't mind spending since I won't mind bringing it to work with my pump inside.  I can't find it in myself to justify spending a couple hundred dollars on a purse (even an incredibly useful one) when I'll be out of work/income for a couple of months on maternity leave. 

The quality for the price is amazing!! I'be used daily for the last 20months and it still works and looks like new ( after i wash it haha!!!) and it doesnt even scream diaper bag to me!
  • I like most of the ones they have at Target and they're not corney! My husband help pick out our last one.
  • Does anyone know if the Jujube Hobo bag is big enough to carry everything needed for baby? I'm trying to decide between that one and The Better Be option.. Anyone have experience with these bag? Thanks :)
  • urby87urby87 member
    KristaCon said:
    Does anyone know if the Jujube Hobo bag is big enough to carry everything needed for baby? I'm trying to decide between that one and The Better Be option.. Anyone have experience with these bag? Thanks :)
    I don't have experience with it personally, but I've watched several packing videos and it seems to hold quite a bit.
  • I was going to get the JJ Cole bag that can be used as a backpack, but now I'm thinking I might get something that looks like a purse for shopping and other outings like that and a backpack for longer trips and for my husband to use. Carters make some "fashion" bags now that appear to be rip offs of more expensive brands haha. Since I'm not working I just can't justify a designer bag and would rather spend the money elsewhere. The Carters bags have been on sale for around $30, and that way if it falls apart I won't be devastated. My friend has a JJ Cole ($80) and it started to rip, zipper started to break, after a few months so I'm very hesitant to get the one I originally wanted!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • khristenn said:

I want the Ju-Ju-Be B.F.F. in First Lady. I have read rave reviews about these bags and the print is classy and gender neutral to use for more than one child. Also, my husband won't complain about carrying around which is a huge plus! :) Its pricy but I know I will use it til it falls apart and Im hoping that the price will go down once its not on their New Arrivals list.

This is the bag I want as well. I already got the jujube starlet in First Lady to use as my hospital bag.
  • Noey80Noey80 member
    Check out the Lily Jade bags.....amazing. You can buy an insert to make it a diaper bag. Then take it out when you just want the purse.
  • I love a lot of handmade bags on Etsy. So so cute :) I have a selection of 4 or 5 that I need to pick from.
  • I must be the odd (wo)man out. I just use a small tan military backpack. Pockets galore! But I've never been a purse wearer anyway.
  • So glad there was a post about this... I had no idea what I wanted but after watching videos I'm pretty sold on a Jujube better be bag! I'm planning on not carrying my purse much and instead taking the diaper bag so one that is fashionable and has a spot for my stuff is perfect! I'm fortunate enough to get to take my little one to work with me when I want so this will be perfect! So excited!