TTC after 35
Options

What should the chart look like if pregnant?

I'm not getting my hopes up here but I was supposed to get my period today. Yesterday I spotted. I thought it was my period but now its gone. I've had a higher temp since O with 2 dips of temp. One was at 7 DPO and one was 9 DPO.

Re: What should the chart look like if pregnant?

• Options
    Your post-ovulation chart really can't help you predict if you're pregnant - unless your temps don't ever go down, obviously.  A few months ago, I looked back at my pregnancy chart and my post-ovulation temps were ridiculously rocky (up and down the whole two weeks).  Others I've looked at are smooth and the temps consistently climb, some have a dip a day or two after ovulation, some have a dip at 7-10 DPO.  Bottom line, your chart isn't going to tell you if you're pregnant.  If you're late, take a test.  

(Just to clarify - I totally analyze my post-ovulation chart too, but maybe I can save you some analyzing!)
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    TomerineTomerine member
    edited May 2015
    When I was pregnant w my daughter, my temp continued to climb gradually. It dipped here and there, but never below the cover line. I don't know if that's typical of pregnancy charts, though. Just personal experience. I'm attaching that chart, if it's useful to you- but don't let it make you over-analyze! Or maybe that's just my problem. ;)

Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also, I agree with @emsmama15 - your chart won't confirm anything for you. But that never stops me from trying to read into every sign and symptom. It's so frustrating that pregnancy and AF have such similar early symptoms.
  • Options
    Thank you! I thought maybe the chart have some indication. I will wait until next weekend to test if I don't have my period by then.
  • Options
    I have seen beautiful charts that ended in negative tests and crazy charts that turned positive. The only thing charts are good for is ovulation.
    How long is your normal luteal phase? If you are at or past your longest average I would test now.

I don't know why I'm suggesting this because I hate testing. Well not that I hate testing, I hate seeing negatives. I would rather see AF than a negative. But I don't temp anymore so I never know how many DPO I am. But I will test 4 days after I think AF is supposed to show up.
    It's such a roller coaster we all go through each month.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome