Pregnant after a Loss
Options

New here and I think I have a rainbow.

It's been a while since I've posted on the bump. I miscarried in November at 8 weeks. My DH and I were able to see the progress of our baby almost weekly because I was high risk. When i miscarried our world shattered. We were newly married in August and this was both of our first babies. We were over the moon. Then in November the world we knew was cruel. Almost every night for 2 months I cried. It was hard to breathe most days and I just felt alone. While our friends were having their babies and announcing the new batch of babies, I just felt alone and I was constantly depressed.
My dh has been my rock. He's been there for me through everything, held my hand and held me while I sobbed. Last week I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. I was okay with that. I knew it wasn't our time yet.
I started to get some abdominal pains and I thought "oh Aunt Flo is coming!" But she didn't show up and then the pain became a familiar pain, something I felt with our first baby. Last night I took a test and to my disbelief it was positive. I ran up stairs in shock and searched for my clearblue weeks estimator, again it said positive and by now my heart was racing out of my chest. There's no way I can be pregnant again and then it flashed 1-2 weeks. My first thought was no fudging way! It couldn't be right but 6 tests later, I'm believing it.

I'm scared of the unknown but I know no two pregnancies are the same.
I told my husband last night when he got home from work and we're working on our feelings.
I'm praying for an uneventful next 9 months.

Sorry for the long post.

Re: New here and I think I have a rainbow.

• Options
    Congrats!! That is very exciting! I know its scary..i just miscarried last month but got the ok from the doctor to start trying again. (Like this weekend she said) i am excited but super scared this could all happen again. But i am remaining hopeful and positive bc like you said no two pregnancies are the same. Miscarriages are very common...so stay positive and i am sending happy thoughts your way!
  • Options
    Congratulations, welcome to the board!

All advice given based on lengthy personal experience.

I am not a doctor, I just have a working medical vocabulary.

Always available to answer questions about loss, infertility, and TRP.

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    First I'm so sorry! I couldn't imagine! I just had a miscarriage at 4 weeks and I was devastated!.. But I'm trying to stay positive! Congrats on being pregnant again! How exciting! You give me hope! I pray that you have a great 9 months!!
  • Options
    megsilkermegsilker member
    edited May 2015
    Congrats! I had a miscarriage at 17 weeks (missed miscarriage) in January and we are currently 8 weeks along. I am so nervous and worried all the time. But, take it one day at a time! Like you said, no two pregnancies are the same. There are many successful pregnancies after a miscarriage! Praying you have a uneventful 9 months!
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats! I am 13 weeks pregnant with my rainbow baby, after 3 losses last year. There is a lot of anxiety but I try to take things one day at a time and celebrate every milestone. Best wishes for a healthy pregnancy!
  • Options
    Congratulations!