May 2015 Moms
Options

Feeling Unattractive

edited May 2015 in May 2015 Moms
Hey guys, I have to be honest I'm not in your birth group. I am a STM who is due June 8th. My doctor thinks I could be delivering within a few weeks(1or2) so I actually have a possibility of delivering a May Baby.

The June girls sometimes aren't the nicest.
Maybe I just don't feel welcome.

Anyways, I'm currently 38weeks and I feel extremely unattractive. A lot more than I was with my 1st. I just get so frustrated at the fact the only thing that fits are pj pants. My maxi dresses are even too small for me now :( my husband and I aren't that intimate anymore. I even have tons of stretch marks that I used to not have. I'm too tired to even fix my hair and makeup.

I just feel awful :(
I know it'll only probably continue due to late night feedings, waking up every three hours, and running after my rambunctious 3year old that doesn't nap or go to preschool.

I'm afraid I'll never feel attractive again...

Re: Feeling Unattractive

• Options
    Aw girl, don't let those hormones get you down! The stretch marks will fade, the weight will shed, and you and hubby will eventually get back in the swing of things.
  • Options
    Do something nice for your self. A meni-pedi, a massage or facial. It helps me. I'm huge right now I know that it's what needs to happen for the baby to be confi in there. Buying close that fit helps me not to feel as huge.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel hideous right now. I've gained 50lbs so even my maternity clothes don't fit anymore, my entire back is covered in acne like a teenage boy and we've probably had sex once in the last 3 month because I just feel gross. Some days are more depressing than others but I just try to remember that it's almost over and I'll get the feel like normal human again soon.
  • Options
    You ladies are so close to done! Once you have your babies in your arms you'll feel so much better. Our bodies were made to do this and you will bounce back!
  • Options
    You're welcome here. :) I was told the same thing about the September group, that's really sad.

But I'm feeling the same way. I just had to wax my jaw line because I swear I had mutton chops! No one has said anything to me, not even my waxing lady, so maybe I was imagining it. But I still had it done.
  • Options
    ldmwldmw member
    The end is in sight! Hang in there and know you are beautiful and doing a beautiful thing growing your baby.
  • Options
    I felt like this often towards the end of my pregnancy. I found that if I bought a new outfit (even if it was just a new tank top) and put on some make up, I felt a lot better. After I delivered, I started feeling good about how I looked a week or so afterwards. Water weight will shed quickly and you'll be surprised by how good you look. Stay positive!
  • Options
    I felt the exact same way towards the end of my pregnancy especially since I went past my due date. Nothing fit and my stretch marks were awful! You will get through it and feel better after you deliver. Just remember it will end!
  • Options
    Thanks girls you've all been so helpful.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Another June mama lurking on May, as I'm due June 5. Don't paint us all with one brushstroke! We have had women lose pregnancies, babies, be on bed rest for months, and all the complications in between. There's *tons* of support for women who look around a bit and want to join in. There's not much patience for using the board as Google, admittedly.

ETA: OP, I looked at your thread history to see why you might be complaining about June here, and you are an appreciated and active poster. Not very charming to turn around and bad mouth the June ladies!

Anyway, congrats to all the May mamas and good luck to those of you still waiting!

You're welcome here. :) I was told the same thing about the September group, that's really sad.

• Options
    amark11 said:

Another June mama lurking on May, as I'm due June 5. Don't paint us all with one brushstroke! We have had women lose pregnancies, babies, be on bed rest for months, and all the complications in between. There's *tons* of support for women who look around a bit and want to join in. There's not much patience for using the board as Google, admittedly.

ETA: OP, I looked at your thread history to see why you might be complaining about June here, and you are an appreciated and active poster. Not very charming to turn around and bad mouth the June ladies!

Anyway, congrats to all the May mamas and good luck to those of you still waiting!

Didn't mean to paint you all in one brush stroke.

I'm not saying any of you are bad expecting women.
    I guess I'm just overly sensitive with everything going on in my life and well being this pregnant.
    I apologize if I cast you all in the same bucket as unwelcoming.

• Options
    Like other posters said, you're almost done! Buy something that fits and get your nails done! Take a nap and Don't worry about your hair and makeup unless you feel like it. Good luck! :)

imageimageimage

• Options
    Sadly I expected that feeling to go away after having baby. I'm a STM but I guess I forgot I didn't snap back to normal after a day. You might feel like your stuck in some misshapen body, but you're supposed to focus on baby by that time so that helps. My husband hasn't said anything positive about my appearance nor has he "made a move" on me, but he doesn't look at me like I'm gross :) Baby-body is just temporary but it may change your body forever...each time in different ways. Learn to love the new you and keep up healthy habits.