August 2015 Moms

team green moms: what do you say?

I'm 29 weeks on team green. I've officially hit the point where everybody is examining my belly, my face, what I eat, my weight ect and making guesses about baby's gender. What do you say in response? To these opinions? It's kind of awkward... "you're eating cake AND ice cream, you're having a girl" "you're belly looks like a basketball, you're having a boy". I just don't know what to respond with?! Nobody knows!!! I just smile and say we'll see in a few weeks but it seems like an odd conversation closer and really repetitive!

Re: team green moms: what do you say?

• i get the same thing....everyone has their theories about what my bump looks like, what I am eating blah blah. After awhile it does get old - we chose to not find out the gender for the added surprise and I am perfectly fine waiting out the last trimester without the guessing - but to many its fun and amusing. I try not to let it get to me - and normally respond with - well there is a 50/50 chance your right.....it will be one or the other! or its definitely a baby! lol 

i think the worst for me is when people ask - do you have a preference? - seems like such an odd question and I never know what to say except - nope, all we have ever wanted is a healthy and happy baby. 
  • Yeah people are constantly trying to guess what I'm having. There's really not much you can say.
  • Loading the player...
  • I was team green with my first child.
    When people would ask what I was having I would say "I am waiting to be surprised!"
    When people would make a guess I would tell them "for the low price of 5 dollars you can place a bet"
    this usually got a chuckle.
    People want to celebrate pregnancy  but they frequently have no idea what to say
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I kinda like hearing people's guesses and crazy theories! It doesn't bother us at all. I have found that friends, family, and even strangers are just as excited about the "surprise" element. I get more aggravated at people that give unsolicited advice or feel they are my OB. Lol! But like a previous post, I say it's 50/50. Take it with a grain of salt. They could say worse things.
  • Joie80Joie80 member
    I just laugh and say, "We'll see." I like hearing all of the ridiculous theories, too. If you like sleeping on the left, it's a boy. Craving sweets means a girl. It's crazy and all in good fun. I'm a lot more laid back this time around. I was annoyed by people a LOT when pregnant with DD. I don't know if it's just different pregnancy different experience, or just being more accustomed to people chiming in.
  • So I'm team pink buuut I love the " we are expecting a dinosaur" or " I hope it's a baby" lol
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm team green too and whenever someone asks what my preference is,I usually say I'm hoping for a dinosaur or a unicorn. When people ask when the due date is and ask me to hold out or hurry up for their birthday, I usually say we're having a rumble at the shower and everyone can fight it out. I find it hysterical that everyone wants to know so badly.
  • We are team green too. The question I've been asked the most is what I think it is. Um, I think it's a baby! Most people I've conversed with recently think it's fun that we will be surprised, even though "they" couldn't do it. I like pp comment about having a dinosaur, might have to use that sometime.
  • Third time Team Green mama here and I think that's part of the fun honestly, hearing everyone's predictions.  I either respond the same way you do, "We'll see soon enough!" or sometimes I will share my guess. 
  • It can get old. But if you knew people would be asking if you had a name and blah blah blah. I think with pregnancy there are only so many questions people can ask so you are probably going to hear them again and again.

This is our second team green, our first is a girl. And so all the questions this time around are things like, "Well, how does this pregnancy feel in comparison?" Or "Does this pregnancy feel different?" "Are your symptoms the same?" Etc, etc... It's still alit of fun, I just tell people the same thing, we are taking bets if you want in!
  • I definitely have been getting annoyed of all of the repetitive questioning, especially from strangers. The worst is when they comment on how you're carrying. "Oh, you're carrying all the way around, it's going to be a girl!" My SO always just reminds me that everyone means well and I brush it off
  • I don't get why you would be annoyed or unfriendly to people who show interest. Being pregnant is an exciting time and people just want to join in the fun. When people ask what you think it is, they are assuming you have a gut feeling of the sex. I guess I just don't get the rudeness or the being bothered, people care and are being nice, why not just do the same?