August 2015 Moms
Options

anyone else developed skin tags

Its so embarrassing for me to broach the subject but has anyone else suffered with skin tags since becoming pregnant? They shatter my confidence and make me feel so ugly. Theyre sore despite me being hygienic... they just appear. I have been warned its a common symptom of pregnancy... how could i get rid of them?

Re: anyone else developed skin tags

• Options
    I've gotten them too and they are so annoying, especially since they are on my neck...I believe there are some home remedies that use apple cider vinegar that you can try? 
  • Options
    I'm getting them but only on my areolas. This happens with my last pregnancy too and they went away after I had DS. Yours may dissapear too post partum.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thankyou. It mortifies me to go to the doctor for a fix for them... but if i can get rid with a home remedy... il desberately try anything
  • Options
    You can go to the dermatologist to have them removed. It is slightly painful, but quick. They usually either freeze them off with Liquid Nitrogen or Cauterize them. It can be rather expensive. I have them, too. They tend to get worse during pregnancy. I'm sure you notice them WAY more than anyone else. I have had some of them go away on their own, but they geenrally do not.
  • Options
    No joke I got a ton with my last pregnancy and the easiest and most private thing to do is clip them off with nail clippers. It barely hurts and just sanitize the clippers. Weird but it works.
  • Options

No joke I got a ton with my last pregnancy and the easiest and most private thing to do is clip them off with nail clippers. It barely hurts and just sanitize the clippers. Weird but it works.

I also did this with really bothersome ones. The rest went away after I had my baby so I'm assuming they will go away after this one too. In the meantime, exfoliate your skin twice a week especially your neck, breasts, and underarms.
  • Options
    dkizz82dkizz82 member
    Yes. Luckily they are under my arms so they aren't too visible.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Clear nail polish supposedly does the trick. It dries them out and they fall off. But I usually just cut them off. I had one pop up on my inner thigh! It was so sore!
  • Options
    Thankyou :)
  • Options
    Hell yes, loads. I'm not too bothered though as they are on my sides although got a couple of big ones that may need sorting out soon.