April 2014 Moms
Options

Memorial Day plans?

Anyone planning something fun? 

We are leaving tomorrow night to head to Toronto for 3-4 nights to visit my BFF (we have been best friends since meeting at age 5). I am beyond excited. We still get to see each other maybe 4-6 times a year but it is normally just for a few hours when she comes here to visit family and friends. Her DH is pretty awesome too and the best part is that he and my DH have hit it off just like old buds right from the first time they met (like 10 years ago now) so they can do their own thing sometimes while we do ours and not have to worry about them enjoying themselves.I am so excited that we don't have to "share" them and get to spend so much time hanging out and catching up with them. We are bringing the kids and it will be our first attempt at staying away from home more than one night and a 5 hour drive so I hope they do well. I have not even started packing yet, just made a list and am so overwhelmed at the stuff we need to bring for the kids and the weather has been so crazy lately I don't know what clothes to pack! 

Re: Memorial Day plans?

• Options
    Have fun! That sounds like a blast.

I'm trying to pack for our anniversary trip to NYC. We leave early Saturday morning. I have it narrowed down to three dresses, and I need to choose 2. Anyone want to be my fashion consultant? Lol. It should be fun, just a little worried about how dd will handle being without us
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LolaX2LolaX2 member
    That sounds fun! Post pics of your outfits! I'm sure many ladies would love to weigh in on which ones to choose and you can always delete the pics after a bit!

***And I just noticed that the notifications might be working again***
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ksulliksulli member
    Oh I am so jealous. I'm still close with 5 girls from childhood and we never get together: we're spread from San Diego to Paris. Ugh. And the husbands are great too! Until they've had too much to drink, then nobody can understand eachother because one is from Spain, one from Ireland, and one from Boston- those accents come out and it's a lost cause!

We'll be tearing down our above ground pool and the deck that was built around it, and next weekend rebuilding the deck to be normal. Fun fun!
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Options
    We're headed to spend the weekend with my MIL. Hoping it's ok. She can be high anxiety and she lost her husband (DH's step-dad) in February. Hoping it can be relaxing, but prepared for it not to be.
  • Options
    We are having DD's first birthday party, we are having 100 people over and right now there is rain in the forecast, hopefully it clears up!
  • Options
    Going to Chicago with DH and DD. I'm not going to lie, I'm not really all that excited, because I never imagined going to Chicago with a baby. But it is nearby and my husband wanted to go so....
  • Options
    @LolaX2 - I live in Toronto! Have you been before? I really hope you enjoy it and I'm glad you'll be able to spend time with your friend. I imagine your friend knows the ropes, but if you need any info, let me know.

We had our long weekend last weekend. We stayed home, but did some fun things. Our friend who is a firefighter invited us to visit his fire hall, we went to the zoo, walked to our local ice cream shop and spent a day working/playing in the yard. LO LOVED the zoo! He would start squealing in delight every time he saw an animal and then cry when we left it. He really loves animals. My daughter is not too interested in animals. A kid that doesn't like animals seems strange to me - I thought they all did.
  • Options
    We also had our long weekend last weekend, and we went up to the ILs family cottage. Going back again this weekend!
  • Options
    Headed to the in laws. I'm a little anxious about dd's sleep but hoping it will be fun.
  • Options

I actually forgot that I was going to have Sunday and Monday off so I never made any plans. I guess I will simply enjoy the rarity of two days off in a row. On Sunday I plan to go visit my friend who is suffering from some super serious PPD and PPA. She cant leave her house anymore, so I hope to start with a short visit and work my way up to getting her out to a park with our LOs.

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• Options

I actually forgot that I was going to have Sunday and Monday off so I never made any plans. I guess I will simply enjoy the rarity of two days off in a row. On Sunday I plan to go visit my friend who is suffering from some super serious PPD and PPA. She cant leave her house anymore, so I hope to start with a short visit and work my way up to getting her out to a park with our LOs.

Good for you! She's lucky to have a friend like you who will reach out. So many people don't want to even talk about it.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LolaX2LolaX2 member
    yellowflower15 We have been a few times to visit her and her DH, but this will be our first time with kids! They actually live in Ajax now and it will be our first time visiting since they moved out of downtown. We hope to go to the zoo if the weather cooperates! In the past we have gone to Blue Jays games, the Steam Whistle and enjoyed more of the night life :) Her DH is a hockey coach and teaches specialty camps etc and we have gone to some of his charity fund raising games while visiting as well. 
  • Options
    @BADASBKRCK --enjoy your two days off in a row! And, thoughts and prayers for your friend. I'm glad she has you!
  • Options
    All 3 kids are sick, because thats how our family does holidays. Every f-ing holiday :( BIL and his family are coming in to town and will stay with the ILs, but we probably won't see them since my two older ones have had fevers for 2+ days and LO has a constant stream of snot flowing from her nose, along with a nasty wet cough. I'm pretty sure their cousins would not appreciate their germs, not to mention my FIL who just had surgery last week. Rant over. Sorry.
  • Options
    @kielpinskim sorry to hear that your kiddos are sick :( That's so frustrating. I hope they all feel better fast and you find some enjoyment this weekend!