August 2015 Moms
Options

Shaking/Twitching sensation?

Has anyone else experienced what feels like violent shaking/twitching in the uterus? At first I was afraid it could be seizure-like activity from baby boy. I read a few posts saying that it was actually the uterus having muscle spasms from a lot of Braxton hicks contractions. Nothing scientific though. I'm 26 weeks and just wondering if anyone experienced anything similar (so I know it's not just me, and I'm not nuts! Haha)

Re: Shaking/Twitching sensation?

• Options
    Yes I get them frequently, never knew what was causing it! It feels like a crazy spasm going on in my stomach , never knew it was related to bh

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I felt that same thing with my first baby. She came out perfectly normal so I don't think it's anything to worry about but you can always ask your doc.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    dkizz82dkizz82 member
    Yes and it freaks me out too. I worry about her and think about what's happening. I didn't think I was having Braxton hicks but they say you don't always feel them. Maybe this is just how I'll feel mine.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I did with my first, not so much with this one. I do get strange spasms though that almost feel like someone hit a funny bone in my uterus that I don't remember with my first. Pregnancy does some crazy things...
  • Options
    Oh I thought this was just weird movement or funny kicks! Strange as I didn't think I had experienced BH yet.. I'm a FTM so BH might be the feeling when I think she's rolling around and everything gets tighter for a minute or two? Anyway there are so many weird feelings so I don't let myself stress too much.
    I had the spasm/seizure thought for a second but then didn't worry as it wasn't full on enough for me to justify being scared of it.
    Good to know it's normal and that I've probably had BH this whole time and just thought she was rolling and pushing her bottom where it doesn't fit! Haha.
    So glad you posted this.. Thank you.
  • Options
    I got this w my first. When she was born I noticed she'd kind of shiver and the more I paid attention to it she would do it when she was peeing! So maybe that's what it was from?
    Need a good read? There's a new blogger in town... www.thepinningmama.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    victoriaaa1victoriaaa1 member
    edited May 2015
    That happens to me all the time! I always wondered what it was sometimes it kinda seemed like hiccups because it wasn't to shaky but we're happening to close to each other to be a hiccup but then their are times where it is like you said a seizure like sensation and happens quite often but I thought it was my actual baby not my uterus like its being said as , but it's a relief to know that it happens to other people and I'm not the only one and doesn't seem like something to worry about all though if it keeps happening I might mention it to my doctor .
  • Options
    Thank you everyone!!  It's good to know I'm not nuts or the only person this happened to haha.  I have a doc appointment next week, so I'll bring it up then just to be on the safe side.