December 2015 Moms
Options

anyone have REALY bad gag reflex?

Does anyone have any tips to help my gag reflex? I literally am gaging on anything and everything.... Brushing my teeth...any smells...cleaning products...I even started gaging when I saw a spider ...I can gag even when I just think about gaging...its totally out of control. I don't necessarily feel nauseous but if I keep gaging till I puke I start to feel nauseous throughout the day. I try to just walk away from the area and take deep breaths...but I was hoping that someone had tips so I don't even get to that point of gaging.

Re: anyone have REALY bad gag reflex?

• Options
    I had this, but at almost 10 weeks it's slowly improving. I find that Altoids and lots of water/tea with my constantly are about the only cure. I've not thrown up yet. And my "morning sickness" hasn't ever affected my actual tummy, it's just been a gagfest.
  • Options
    Following because I too gag like it's nobody's business, and I don't even know why I gag at times. I will stand up and just start gagging
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Place your thumb between your index and middle finger and squeeze. Its an old trick and oddly works. Haha
  • Options
    this was my worst symptom but it went away at nine ish weeks, my husband shaving made me gag the most!  :P
  • Options
    I literally have to mentally prepare myself to brush my teeth bc I gag all over the place while I do! It's not even so much that I feel that nauseated, it's just this crazy reaction I can't control!
  • Options
    I'm dealing with this mainly when I brush my teeth which really sucks. Also certain smells make me gag.
  • Options
    Yep. If I could tell you how many times I've puked right after eating dinner. Ugh.
  • Options
    I puke every morning. Its the gag reflex. I get the has al Aldridge and general crap in my throat when I'm pregnant. I don't get it, but it's to the point that I run to the bathroom..a few times even throwing up stomach bile bc there's just nothing there. But yea, gag reflex is how i figured out I was pregnant. I asked my husband to clean a pan I'd used that morning to cook bacon for the boys...he moved that grease with a paper towel and i gaged, headed for the bathroom, gaging 2 more times and then of course the inevitable for me. Took a test, or 4, the next day and my miracle BFP!! I figure as long as I feel nauseous and ull, I know that baby is a till growing and I'm ok. So as much as I hate it and have trouble in public I'm trying to deal.
  • Options
    Thanks lady's..I'm almost 12 weeks and this gag reflex sucks! It really sucks when you start to gag after eating a good meal cuz I'm almost sure it will all come back up. The only good thing I got out of it is I made my husband clean the toliets cuz using any cleaners or even looking at a dirty toilet makes me gag lol my only tip to not gag after I eat...I have to eat and just force myself to lay or sit around and not do anything at all that might set off my gag reflex...so I eat a small meal and just lay around for awhile
  • Options
    Cjaff70Cjaff70 member
    I gag just thinking about food or brushing my teeth forget really eating. Water is the worst but i find not drinking enough definitely makes the gagging worse so it's a big issue I struggle with. I'm just praying it gets better soon
  • Options
    Yep. My kitchen sink, my fridge, a hot shower, thinking of gagging...they all make me gag. The weirdest thing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    CMDDCMDD member
    Thoughts make me gag!!!