June 2015 Moms

Harassed about delivery

mishmardhionomishmardhiono member
edited May 2015 in June 2015 Moms
Is anyone else getting harassed about delivering this baby!??? From 37 weeks all I've been hearing from everyone is there bets on when it's going to be and "has this happened yet? That's a sign of labour"!! Thank god it's only our families and a few close friends who know the real due date for this reason but god people make u being over being pregnant not your body..

Re: Harassed about delivery

• Hassibri - I think OP means "harassed" in the more colloquial sense.

I agree, OP - it's pretty obnoxious when people are constantly hounding you about when you're going to have the baby. I get that people are excited (which is very sweet) but honestly, how are we supposed to know? Plus it just makes these last few weeks seem even longer.
  • Loading the player...
  • I understand completely. My contractions gor so bad the other night that I'm afraid to go too far ao i've been staying home a lot unless DH is with me and can drive me somewhere. I really couldn't stand up from the pain. I stayed home from church last night since it's so far away. Almost everybody knew why and still called/texted asking if I had had the baby.

As much as I love everybody at church, I wish they could understand that we will let them know when she is here. Family keeps calling too acting like we won't let them know when we're getting closer or she's here, depending on which relative. I'm about to turn my phone off til it's over so I can rest.
  • Since this is my 2nd baby luckily I haven't had as many as those. But my family acts as if none of them have ever had or heard of Braxton hicks contractions and if I ever talk about them they start freaking out and telling me to go to the hospital. SMH
  • I'm having the opposite problem! I'm actually quite annoyed. I'm 37 weeks 4 days pregnant and last night I posted a picture of raspberry leaf tea and evening primrose oil on my Facebook and I had several people absolutely freak out on me. I wouldn't be ingesting those things if my baby wasn't full term yet or if I thought I shouldn't. It made me feel like people were already telling me how to parent and that upset me a lot.
  • Oh yeah. I kept getting same annoying questions, etc. I'm lile
    ..uhm...I have no clue. ALL I can say... My due is June 5th! Lol
  • Ugh yes, I get it all the time! I'm scheduled to be induced at 38 weeks but I don't have a specific day...just 38 weeks. Everyone is asking me what day I'll be induced on. That's not up to me! I think people need to realize that babies come when they choose and we honestly have no control over it. But we are all miserable, tired, and done so you asking over and over doesn't help us forget!!
  • Oh goodness idk what my reaction would have been..... Please tell me the ones asking were older and very possibly had poor vision?
  • SIL told me that I need to have the baby while she's in town! It just rubbed me the wrong way. Baby will come when he comes, and hopefully it's by our due date, but I don't want him to come before 39 weeks when you're in town for a job interview!
  • Browder5 said:

Oh goodness idk what my reaction would have been..... Please tell me the ones asking were older and very possibly had poor vision?

Nope, people of a variety of ages... I told my mom about it and she said it may be a regional thing, the area where I live has a very distinct dialect and sometimes the way they word things is odd. I just smiled and continued the conversations - it helped that I was eating a donut, food always improves my mood ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Lol oh wow that would have been frustrating! I can see how the doughnut would come in handy! ;)
    I recently have got to the point of no nonsense and the little things irritate me to the point I want to KO all the irritating people I come in contact with :-w
  • I had a Krispy Kreme donut today for the first time ever. It's like happiness/Xanax in delicious food form.. Yummmmmooo
  • ksimo6 said:

Every day I go tot work, someone says "you're still here?".  Yup.  Still here. It's ok.  I'm not dying.  

I've had this, too. I'll be 35 weeks on Saturday. As much as I'd like to take the rest of my pregnancy off from work I don't have that option. I'm going to keep working until I can't work anymore. I'm just like you work here, too and know how much we make, do you honestly think I have a bunch of money hidden somewhere and can just take off?
  • I get that and "How are you feeling" or "How's the baby doing" every effing day at work from every person. Well, me and the baby are the same as we were yesterday... and the day before and the day before that. Not much changes when I see you every day of the week! Uhg.
  • ElRuby said:

For the most part, these are perfectly socially acceptable questions and statements... I think being ignored would be far worse then people checking in.

I like it when people ask how I'm doing, because for so long it was "are you still throwing up?", so the change is nice.

I don't have a problem with someone being excited about meeting baby a bit early, especially family members, but it definitely causes me anxiety to think that we have less time than we originally thought, and comments that make it seem like I have control over this are annoying. And that I might have to put up with overbearing SIL right when baby's born gives me anxiety.

It's all out of love. It's all out of love. It's all out of love.
  • Yes, the total non existance is so insulting!! I said to my dad the other day I feel like the envelope that's delivering a parcel then I'll be tossed in the rubbish and forgotten about once child is here haha. And I don't know if it's that I'm being totally irrational or whatever but I hope you all care this much when baby is 13!!! Baby will need all this love and support and encouragement as they grow older, not now when all they are goig to do is sleep cry and poo.

The other one that's driving me nutty is "oooo what do you think it is? Do
    You still have no idea?" STOP ASKING. I don't know, I have no clue and you have asked that everytime I have seen you for 9months. Just. Be.patient.

If I can be patient so can you.
  • I get asked everyday by a variety of people when are you due...what annoys me are the people who ask over and over and just say oh I can't remember what you said...um then don't continue to ask...or right it down and leave me a lone...I have 6 more work days and yes I am work up until  my delivery date...I have shit to do, so can you please go do your work so I can do mine? If I don't work for such a  large company and come in contact with so many of the people plus (both of our families are divorced, so we have more than double the amount of people asking us all these questions).

But right now my biggest urgggg is with my stepmom...don't get me wrong I love her, but she is so paranoid that I am going to go early just b/c my cousins both did (PS they are not cousins by blood either) this time around...I know she is just worried, but repeatedly asking me about ti isn't going to prevent it, and worrying doesn't really do much, so relax, cause you're annoying me with your neurosis...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• At least your dad didn't ask your sister if you had the baby yet! (seriously. This happened last week). My dad and I aren't even estranged! We just don't talk that often.